Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Funny quote from a Panthers board

Golgo-13

Here's what some of the Panther's fans have to say about us. They must not have heard that we signed Daryl Gardner:

"The Fun and Gun may bring some fireworks to Ericsson Saturday but what about Fun and Run? Up front the Skins are kind of weak so them linebackers are going to have make alot of tackles. Between Smith and Foster I don't think the Skins will have much luck stopping the ground game. What happens when Spurrier can't get his high-powered O on the field cause hes watching our version of the Fun N Gun the Fun N Run? Your in for a long night of watching Lamar and Deshaun(Sounds like a gay couple) get gain after gain after gain you egotisitical son of a *****!!!"

This 'ought to be fun!!

:laugh: :pint: :laugh:

I liked this one too:

"I was just wondering why so many think the Skins offense will be awesome. I realize they looked good last weekend, but Jeff Lewis once looked awesome in the preseason for Denver as well. I happen to believe that at QB and WR we are as good or better than the Skins. Shane Matthews is listed #1 on the depth chart with his career 75.1 rating, 19 TD's and 18 INT's. Wuerffel is #2 with is 4 year career rating of 51.2 along with 9 TD's and 16 INT's. At wideout Rod Gardner is #1. He had 46 catches in his rookie year and he is the best they have. Green is listed as the other starter and over a 4 year career he has averaged only 39 catches per game. The next 2 on the depth chart are Reidel who in 5 years has averaged 29 catches per game and Lockett who in 5 years has averaged 22 catches per game. Hands down Moose gets the nod over Gardner. Then Byrd, Smith easily stack up with Reidel, Green and/or Lockett. I give us the nod at QB even though Weinke's 62 rating was poor and he had 19 INT's compared to 11 TD's. He also led all QB's in rushing touchdowns and threw for nearly 3,000 yards. At wide receiver we get the nod simply based on Moose versus Gardner. The other receivers are a wash when stacked with ours. I can't remember reading anything about the "lack of talent" on the Skins offense!"

These poor ****cats are in for a long Saturday night!!

when u lose as much as their team does, it can cause permanent damage to other areas of your brain... Carolina fans are not the smartest of fans in the NFL, and therefore do not deserve to be acknowledged... it's still fun making fun of them though... :laugh:

and BTW, don't u just love when other teams fans seem to think they know more about your team than u do? lol...

Guest Trevor

From that guy's post...

"Green is listed as the other starter and over a 4 year career he has averaged only 39 catches per game."

In the words of the Panther faithful..."them be sum fine numbres ther".

Well its not like Matthews or waffle were on offensive juggernaut teams with the personel or system to use them.

S Young did play for the Bucs.

The panther fans must not realise that with our corners we can dare them to throw the ball while lining up to stop the run but that only be for a few series.

Then after that we will be accused again of running up the score against Duke.

Wow, fiesty little fella ain't he.

I guess I can understand all the anger and frustration he's got building up inside from all the terrible footabll he has witnessed these past years.

If there's one thing that has been a staple since the Panthers came into exsistence it's that they have been the REDSKINS biotches! We spank them everytime we play them. I don't see things changing this year, even if it is a preseason game

Originally posted by mphilips16

Wow, fiesty little fella ain't he.

I guess I can understand all the anger and frustration he's got building up inside from all the terrible footabll he has witnessed these past years.

If there's one thing that has been a staple since the Panthers came into exsistence it's that they have been the REDSKINS biotches! We spank them everytime we play them. I don't see things changing this year, even if it is a preseason game

Redskins record vs. Panthers... 6-0

just thought i'd point that out... ;):D :laugh:

Somebody needs to ask them, "If Wienke's so good, why were our CB's practicing catching passes with the offense to prepare for the Panthers?" :laugh:

Chris Wienke is as much of a question mark as Wuerffel. He shows promise, but you can't equate that into numbers. I'd probably take Wienke over Matthews just based upon potential, but that wouldn't work for our team this year. And I'd certainly take Ramsey over Wienke as a QB prospect. Sage is about the only guy on our roster over whom Wienke is a better prospect, and even that's not a clear cut thing.

Anyway, I can't wait for Lavar to welcome DeShaun to the NFL! :laugh:

Originally posted by escholz

Between Smith and Foster I don't think the Skins will have much luck stopping the ground game. What happens when Spurrier can't get his high-powered O on the field cause hes watching our version of the Fun N Gun the Fun N Run? Your in for a long night of watching Lamar and Deshaun get gain after gain after gain you egotisitical son of a *****!!!"

Wow! I guess you have to really grasp at straws if you're a Panther fan. Lamar Smith averaged 3.1 yards/carry last year! I know how badly he sucked because he was on my fantasy team. And he apparently is so far beating out Foster. Smith/Foster does not exactly strike fear in defender's hearts.

Also, the knowledge of the Redskins is funny- the Panthers practically have as much chance to score when the 'skins are on offense than when our defense is out there.

I will give him that the Panthers have 1 WR who is more proven than any of ours- Muhammed, but that's not saying much, and obviously we have a lot of guys with potential.

lol!!

This is incredible.

Yes escholz, they do believe the things they say.

Green is listed as the other starter and over a 4 year career he has averaged only 39 catches per game. The next 2 on the depth chart are Reidel who in 5 years has averaged 29 catches per game and Lockett who in 5 years has averaged 22 catches per game

A little math:

*Green at 39 catches per game over a 4 year career = 2496 catches over his career so far

*Reidel at 29 catches per game over a 5 year career = 2320 catches over his career so far

*Lockett at 22 catches per game over a 5 year career = 1760 catches over his career so far

Sounds like those Panther fans need to read this little snippet from ESPN:

"The Panthers averaged a league-worst 4.72 yards per pass play, roughly 20 percent below the NFL average, and rookie quarterback Chris Weinke had the second lowest efficiency mark (62.0) among league starters. Leading rusher Richard Huntley posted 665 yards, the third lowest total for the leading ground gainer on any team. Carolina scored 253 points, third lowest in the league, and only 21 offensive touchdowns. Panthers backs averaged a minuscule 3.7 yards per rush and the team's 236 first downs were an NFL low."

I'm sure the Skins' defense will have plenty of trouble from that kind of output! :laugh: ;)

Is weinke even going to be ready to play? I know he had that off season shoulder surgery and all. How exactly do they think they are going to run all over us.....if Foster starts its going to be fun to watch, the minute he sees Lavar coming at him full steam he will get so scared he will fumble the ball just like he did in college

Your right esholtz, and I am going to one of their beaches this weekend.

I always love the type of position by position analysis shown in the second post that you put up. That type of stuff has absolulely no validity since our offense is not playing against their offense. It's all about the offensive and defensive matchups and by the time the game is half over, we shall see who the truly superior team is. Fun and Run my foot!

I liked this quote off the very same Panther board:

yeah they do have a tough lineback corp, we should be able to take care of them though with a bunch of pulls and counters, then we should be able to control spurriers offense

Take control of Spurrier's offense??? Simply by handling our LB corp (yeah, right).

I'm thinking this guy has never actually watched football. He may just hang out on the Panther board for friends.

Archived