Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First time at FEDEX

e.miranda

I just paid and am waiting for tickets to the Raiders game (thanks to ES member ramseytocooley). It will be my first time at FEDEX.

That Sunday is my wife's and my 12th wedding anniversary, which is something of a feat considering she is a lifetime Eagles fan. Other than liking the Eagles, she is awesome (Anniversary at a football game says it all).

We'll be spending the Saturday in the DC area and I wanted some advice.

- Are all of the memorials and museums and such open on Saturday's?

- Any shows, plays, etc.?

- Any good dinner recommendations?

As far as the game:

- Anything special I should know about the stadium or parking?

- What can I expect to pay for beer & concessions? (we'll be sitting in Club)

- Whose tailgate can we crash?

Thanks in advance... :eaglesuck

In the Club level, the beer is the same as the upper and lower ($7), but they sell it throughout the game. They also have about 5 bars around the level so you can get mixed drinks, then there is an after game party with a live band. They do it up in the club level. The food in there is awesome too (Phillips seafood and a Hooters). As for dining out saturday, you going to be spending te night in DC or close to a Metro or what. I suggest the Captial Grille on 8th or 7th street I think it is. Awesome steaks, a little pricey, but what are anniverseries for. And yes, everything is open on saturdays. That is the busiest days for sightseeing during football season.

As for dining out saturday, you going to be spending te night in DC or close to a Metro or what. I suggest the Captial Grille on 8th or 7th street I think it is. Awesome steaks, a little pricey, but what are anniverseries for. And yes, everything is open on saturdays. That is the busiest days for sightseeing during football season.

I'm not sure exactly where we are staying, yet, metro or suburbs. I've been to the Capitol Grille in Boston and, yes, it was excellent. Probably the best meal I have ever eaten and that was in 2001 (flew out of Logan 2 days b4 on 9/9). I'll look them up. Great suggestion!

First of all, Congrats on 12 years and even though she is a stinkin' Eagles fan, having a football fan as a wife is something many of us can fortunately appreciate.

Second, Welcome to the board.

Now on to the other stuff,

I am pretty sure that all of the museums are open on Saturdays. There are a bunch so you wont make it to all in one day anyway.

I would check the Kennedy Center, National Theater or even possibly MCI center for shows/concerts. I always love going to the Improv.

Dinner at Vidalia's is the best. Bring your wallet though because it wont be cheap. What type of restaurant are you looking for ? Cheesecake Factory, Houstons, Daily Grill, there are tons of places to eat.

If you are tailgating, go to the tailgate and read some of the threads about Tailgates, There is the Unofficial Extremeskins Tailgate and the DTC tailgate.

Expect to pay a bundle for concessions, beers are 7 bucks.

The special thing you should know is to cheer and scream in spite of the rest of the wine and cheesers that will likely be around you.

BTW - The Club level is great. Only NFL Stadium with a Hooters. Ooops forgot it was an anniversary, scratch that Hooters info.

Have fun.

On Club Level you'll find some good places to eat. Beer is $7 everywhere. Can get a Harps or Guiness for $7. Like mentioned earlier, several bars

up there.

I've visited the "unofficial ES tailgate". Good food and great people.

My wife and I love to do weekends in DC. The memorials are open and

free. Smithsonian is free, but with limited time hard to see. I recommend

taking the metro. It's not hard to use and can get around with ease.

Have a great anniversary.

There are only a couple of attractions in DC that you won't be able to see on a Saturday, like the Mint. You can go to the Smithsonian and spend the entire day there where there is a lot to see all in the same area. I've never gone to a play or show in DC so I wouldn't know what to recommend there, but as far as dinner goes RFD Washington is the place to go. Great beer and very good food. I don't know where you are planning on staying over night, but I would also recommend that your hotel is somewhat near a Metro line. You can get an all day pass for $6 (which you both can use by one of you going through the turnstile then passing the ticket back to the other person). The Metro will take you anywhere you want to go in DC.

As far as the game, this year I've just been parking at the Landover mall (exit 17B off of 95) for $20. You'll just have to walk a 1/2 mile to the stadium, but it is the cheapest alternative. Concessions are expensive. I do all my tailgating before and after the game so I don't have to line Danny's pockets anymore than I am. ES usually hosts a tailgate party in Green lot "F", although I haven't made it to one yet. :(

Enjoy your time in DC and at the game. :raidersuc

And Happy Anniversary!!!

Only NFL Stadium with a Hooters. Ooops forgot it was an anniversary, scratch that Hooters info.

Have fun.

Thanks. Great advice!

About Hooters, she doesn't mind if I look, as long as I don't touch.

About have a Football wife, it does rock. We were married 7 yrs w/no kids and on football season Sundays we would lay in bed all afternoon watching football - got a little halftime action, too.

Now we have a 5 year old girl, who loves football, too. Only thing is, Mom influenced her and she's an Eagles fan, too. I'm outnumbered.

Thanks. Great advice!

About Hooters, she doesn't mind if I look, as long as I don't touch.

About have a Football wife, it does rock. We were married 7 yrs w/no kids and on football season Sundays we would lay in bed all afternoon watching football - got a little halftime action, too.

Now we have a 5 year old girl, who loves football, too. Only thing is, Mom influenced her and she's an Eagles fan, too. I'm outnumbered.

haha, my fiancee doesnt care if I look either, I even can flirt as long as I dont cross the line.

Show your daughter the Redskins Trophy case and then the Eagles Trophy case. And say "see, Mommy roots for a loser". haha.

Have a great time man.

Show your daughter the Redskins Trophy case and then the Eagles Trophy case. And say "see, Mommy roots for a loser". haha.

Yeah, but the only problem is that before she was born we made an agreement that if it was a boy I got to influence him in the ways of the burgundy & gold. And, if it was a girl she would get to influence her to go green.

Unfortunatley, to have a lasting marriage sometimes you have to compromise. My little guys with the Y chromosome weren't fast or strong enough to add another skins fan to the clan.

be prepared to see the worst A holes you'll ever see this week.. the stadium will be infested with ****roaches

I'm not going this week. I'll be going to the following home game.

But, I had been to the Vet before to see the Eagles play the Skins back in 1999. And, yes, the fan behavior was horrible, especially if you're wearing a Washington jersey & hat, like I was bold enough to do in their house.

Russia House Restaurant...best restaurant in the metro area. It is in Herndon, Va about 15 mins outside of DC. Excellent place for a anniversary.

:cheers:

This must be Danny undercover on the board! He's counting how long it takes in a helicopter :) j/k

Thanks for all the advice. I, too, will be making my first trip up to FedEx this week. Man, I'm getting more and more excited every day it gets closer.

I do have a few more questions. Can any of you recommend a particular hotel? I'm flying into BWI on Saturday, and have a little time Saturday evening and Sunday morning to do some sightseeing. A hotel somewhere betwwen BWI, FedEx, and a few good sites would be nice.

Also, mods, could you pass on to the Redskins that a link with all this sort of information on redskins.com would be nice?

Archived