Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Banks provides some more bulletin board material

PiLfan

i think this new york A-hole is replacing lenny as the most unprofessional sports writer with the biggest redskins bias in the profession. i sure hope the team reads this and goes on to thump the hell out of the eagles...if only just to shut this jerkoff up.

Your Washington Redskins, ladies and gentlemen, 4-3, and headed for 4-5. With Philadelphia and at Tampa Bay on the schedule the coming two weeks, things are going to get worse, Skins fans. Washington, and especially Mark Brunell, have overachieved this season. But that 36-0 shellacking the Redskins took at Giants Stadium convinces me they're starting to find their level.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/10/30/snap.judgments/1.html

What a biased jackass I wondered what he wrote when The Giants went out to San Diego and got their a** handed to them I hope he doesn't believe all the hype about the Giants still not sure if they are that good or we just looked that bad maybe they won have won anyway but if the Skins gave a better effort no way it would have been by this big of an margin.

We knew who the "enemies" of the Redskins were prior to the Giants game.

Unfortunatly the Skins finally had a high profile game for the division lead and had their butts handed to them.

We're going to have to grin and bear it for now.

Just accept and expect this type of stuff from guys like Banks whenever the Skins give them an opportunity........

......Because god knows you can't expect a professionally written column from this hack.

well didn't the Eagles just take a shellacking from Denver and didn't Tampa just lose to the 49ers?

:shhh:

no one's supposed to know about that....after all, when a team like the eggos gets stomped, it's because they just had an off day and they'll rebound...when we have one, it's because Gibbs and the entire organization are a fraud and the team's solid effort this year up until sunday was just a mirage.

oh yeah, and when we beat SF, the 49ers suddenly became the worst team in the history of the nfl (apparently surplanting the chicago bears we faced in week 1)...then they go on to beat the quarterback-challenged buccaneers and they suddenly become a "gutsy team" and tampa just had an "off day". ;)

so if i'm getting this right, according to banks, lenny, and the rest of the skins-biased mediots:

1) when the skins win big, it's only because we played the worst team in nfl history.

2) when other teams win big, it's because they're good.

3) when the skins come from behind like they did against Dallas, it's because of luck so fortuitous the pope himself would declare it a miracle and make a new patron saint holiday.

4) when other teams come from behind like we did against Dallas, it's because they played their guts out and showed grit, and their quarterback is the next Elway.

5) when the skins lose close games where they outperform other teams statistically, there is no need to ever mention that aspect.

6) when other teams lose close games where they win most of the statistical categories, esp if playing the skins, a 3 page article ensues saying how it was all a matter of luck.

7) when the skins lose big, it's because we're the worst (plug in current record at time) team in history and we will definitely lose the rest of our games.

8) when other teams lose big or get upset in a big way, there is no need to ever mention this, other than to say they just had a bad day.

ahh, football analysis according to don banks...

I think we deserve every bit of negative press we can possibly get. We certainly didnt do anything to deserve any positive press. That ass kicking we recieved last week erased every ounce of success we have had thus far in the sportswriters mind and now gives them a chance to make the "big prediction" on how the Skins will do this season. Last weeks game IMO, created a opportunity for the Skins to put up or shut up, I think they play better when they are not "statistically" favored. If I was the Eagles I wouldnt want to play the Skins after such a horrendous showing onthe other hand as I skins fan I am not sure I we are ready to play the Eagles after they had such a horrendous showing last week ass well.

oh please. If anything all the pro-Redskins articles in the news last week shows if you win, people will write puff pieces about you. Start losing 36-0 and you can expect everyone to jump off the bandwagon. You really expect any positive press after that performance (an injustice to that word) on Sunday? Please!

i think this new york A-hole is replacing lenny as the most unprofessional sports writer with the biggest redskins bias in the profession. i sure hope the team reads this and goes on to thump the hell out of the eagles...if only just to shut this jerkoff up.

Your Washington Redskins, ladies and gentlemen, 4-3, and headed for 4-5. With Philadelphia and at Tampa Bay on the schedule the coming two weeks, things are going to get worse, Skins fans. Washington, and especially Mark Brunell, have overachieved this season. But that 36-0 shellacking the Redskins took at Giants Stadium convinces me they're starting to find their level.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/10/30/snap.judgments/1.html

You really expect any positive press after that performance (an injustice to that word) on Sunday? Please!

my point was that some writers, in particular Banks and lenny, ignore us when we win (or say we're overrated, worst 3-0 team in history, blah blah)...then go out of their way to rip us when we lose.

i was pointing out their agendas.

i wasn't expecting positive press...and if banks and lenny were more balanced in their reporting on the skins, i would have no issue with any comments they make.

I wonder why ANY of this bothers ANYONE ANYMORE.

THIS is nothing new........same old........same old.

Did anyone HONESTLY think we would get respect after a 4-2 start?

We didn't help ourselves with our showing on Sunday.

Come Monday, they will have another article.......saying how the Eagles are injured and that is why we beat them.

Blondie

Archived