Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The perfect back for Gibbs system would be...

FARAPS

...Stephen Jackson. I really think he is a great back and would fit perfectly into Gibbs' running scheme. He is 6'2" 230, and has great speed and strength. He runs with power and is the type of back that should be in Gibbs system. I think a trade with St. Louis would be perfect, they would get Portis and We would get Jackson and a 2nd round pick or something like that. I think it would work out for both sides as well. Portis IMO is better suited for St. Louis offense where he takes less carries and with the defense focused on the high powered passing game he could really make some big plays. Jackson is a back who could take a large amount of carries with us and get productive yardage and still break some big gains.

I don't think this trade will happen by any means because trades like this are not too common in today's NFL, and both sides would have to agree. However even though i love portis, i still feel that SJ would be a perfect fit for us. :logo:

Anyone can complain about his performace so far. What has he done here the last 2 seasons than any other back in the NFL couldn't do? He can't run short yardage and he trips over his feet too much. He looks great one week vs a sorry D this when he plays a real D you could hear a pin drop next to his stats.

Atleast he's getting more than the 3.8 yards he averaged last season.

I didn't know people weren't allowed to post their opinions on running backs on this board??

I think the perfect back for Gibbs would be Jamal Lewis, But I still love Portis

Jamal Lewis may be a free agent next season since as of right now, the Ravens have failed to sign him to a contract extension.

Of course, there is no way your going to see him in a skins uniform and as others have said, our best bet is to stick with Portis.

hey he does have a good point

gibbs likes big power backs who are fast and can carry the load. Stephen Jackson would be a perfect fit for Joe Gibbs system, he can run, block and catch out of the backfield.

The flaw in this logic is that if Gibbs valued a power back so much, why did he go out of his way to trade for Portis? He could have easily shipped Bailey off for a pick or another back, but he opted to trade for CP.

I am not criticizing Portis, I am just saying I would rather have Stephen Jackson at this point because i think he would be a perfect fit for Gibbs' system and he is really young. Moreover i think that St. Louis would go for the trade because Portis would be perfect for them i feel as well. Of course LT would be the best back for us to have but that is unrealistic.

I think the perfect back for Gibbs would be Jamal Lewis, But I still love Portis

i think his style fits gibbs too...but gibbs wouldnt pick him up especially with his attitude. that being said i think portis is fine...RB isnt our problem right now

You know who would be perfect? Bronko Nagurski! Only he's dead and I don't know of any way to bring him back to life. Maybe some day there will be a time machine and we could go get him. But if we did, would he be a free agent or would we owe the Canton Bulldogs or somebody a draft pick for signing him? Wouldn't that be a ***** - going back in a time machine to get him only to find out that he's a restricted free agent? This is getting to be way too complicated. Let's just stick with Clinton Portis.

The man got more than 1300 yards last year on that sorry redskins o-line.

It won't matter who you stick back there, I don't think they could do any better.

Portis has been playing hurt, and he was very hurt yesturday it looked like.

Why else would he only have 4 chances to run the ball?

Archived