Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Evacuees Allegedly Kill Texas Woman Trying To Help Them

flyingtiger1013

http://www.nbc4.com/news/5212470/detail.html

Another Woman Dies During Carjacking

POSTED: 8:43 am EST October 31, 2005

HOUSTON -- Three hurricane evacuees are facing capital murder charges in the strangulation of a 77-year-old Pasadena, Texas, woman. (Click here to see image of slain elderly woman.)

Jimmy Hoang Le, 18, and Stephanie Jacobo, 18, both of the Beaumont, Texas area and Roosevelt Smith Jr., 43, of New Orleans, are charged with killing Betty Blair during a robbery at her home last Friday. (Click here to see images of suspects.)

The three had been doing odd jobs and yard work on her property to make money.

They were arrested Friday night driving Blair's 2000 Buick, in which some of the woman's belongings were found. The car was located through OnStar, an onboard electronic tracking system.

"It appears that those that she tried to help were the ones that murdered her," said Pasadena Police Department spokesman Vance Mitchell. The three lived together in a Pasadena apartment, Mitchell said.

The three suspects were the second group of evacuees Blair had helped. Just after Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans in late August, Blair took three women from New Orleans into her home.

Meanwhile, a New Orleans evacuee was killed in Houston the day after charges were filed against the other three hurricane evacuees.

Police say 38-year-old Stacy Joseph Johnson of New Orleans was fatally stabbed Sunday during a carjacking of a pickup in Houston.

Police said the 18-year-old pickup truck owner apparently stabbed Johnson when he tried to steal the vehicle at knifepoint.

This is horrible.

Exert from http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/31/evacuees.killing/index.html

(CNN) -- A Texas woman was allegedly robbed and killed by three hurricane evacuees she befriended after meeting them at her church, according to Pasadena, Texas, police.

Man, I hope people don't start think the actions of these three Christians reflect the desires of ALL Christians.

This is horrible.

Exert from http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/10/31/evacuees.killing/index.html

Man, I hope people don't start think the actions of these three Christians reflect the desires of ALL Christians.

Wow, that was an INCREDIBLY absurd post.

I mean really dumb. That you even made such a connection demonstrates a definite lack of intelligence or willful ignorance.

The woman who was MURDERED was the church goer. Christians are often engaged in some form of charity or philanthropy. The people that killed her need not be believing Christians.

That said, I'm not thinking they killed her for ideological reasons, either, which really makes your post incredibly lame. People aren't talking about that "other religion" that I KNOW you are referencing because some of them go around robbing for personal profit or convenience. :doh:

Wow, that was an INCREDIBLY absurd post.

I mean really dumb. That you even made such a connection demonstrates a definite lack of intelligence or willful ignorance.

The woman who was MURDERED was the church goer. Christians are often engaged in some form of charity or philanthropy. The people that killed her need not be believing Christians.

That said, I'm not thinking they killed her for ideological reasons, either, which really makes your post incredibly lame. People aren't talking about that "other religion" that I KNOW you are referencing because some of them go around robbing for personal profit or convenience. :doh:

Ghost, you missed the sarcasm, I don't think he was being serious. . . lighten up man :)

Ghost, you missed the sarcasm, I don't think he was being serious. . . lighten up man :)

But Mike, you can be sarcastic and still be trying to make a point about something that you're completely wrong on.

However, I do admit I'm operating on my previous memories of webnarc, so maybe he'd completely surprise me now, I don't know.

Yeap. Sorry I missed the icon, but I thought it was so over the top that it wouldn't be taken as anything other than what it was.

I did start the post with "this is horrible".

Yeap. Sorry I missed the icon, but I thought it was so over the top that it wouldn't be taken as anything other than what it was.

I did start the post with "this is horrible".

Webnarc

I assumed you weren't being serious. But as I stated, one can be making a joke or using sarcasm and still be "making a point."

Again, if you weren't making the "point" I thought you were making then I apologize, but somehow I doubt I am wrong.

But Mike, you can be sarcastic and still be trying to make a point about something that you're completely wrong on.

However, I do admit I'm operating on my previous memories of webnarc, so maybe he'd completely surprise me now, I don't know.

Okay, my MO is not to hold a collective responsible for the actions of a few of it's members. That's been fairly consistant since I've been here. Even a 15 month ban is not going to change me in this regard.

FWIW - the 15 month ban was because I was a complete moron towards Art. I made consistant personal attacks towards him, which forced his hand unfairly.

Again, if you weren't making the "point" I thought you were making then I apologize, but somehow I doubt I am wrong.

We were so close to becoming friends and you threw in the "but" word. Using "but" like that means "everything that preceded this word was just used to pre-frame you for the kick in the nuts that follows this word.

Archived