Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI Peter Kings Prediction: I love when Peter King pics against us

skinshog

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/10/27/pickoff.week.8/index.html

Week 8 Matchups

1 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Cleveland (2-4) at Houston (0-6)

The Expansion Bowl. Or "The You-Can't-Stop-Joe-Pendry's-Offense-You-Can-Only-Hope-to-Contain-It Bowl." My only prediction here is Pendry will allow David Carr to throw it more than the nine times he did last week.

Houston 17, Cleveland 9

1 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Jacksonville (4-2) at St. Louis (3-4)

These two teams haven't met since 1996. Why do I get the feeling that the game doesn't mean as much to Rams Nation as does the intrigue between the Ram front office and coach Mike Martz, who will be watching the game at home and not phoning his offensive coordinators from his suburban home?

Jacksonville 20, St. Louis 13

1 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Arizona (2-4) at Dallas (4-3)

The Dallas D has 21 sacks and eight interceptions. I expect both totals to double against young and very nervous Josh McCown at Texas Stadium on Sunday.

Dallas 20, Arizona 3

1 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Minnesota (2-4) at Carolina (4-2)

I don't know what's wrong with Daunte Culpepper. I saw him at his best--crushing the Saints in Week 3. But he's already thrown more picks in six games (12) than he threw in 16 last year (11). You can't tell me it's all Randy Moss.

Carolina 24, Minnesota 10

1 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Washington (4-2) at New York (4-2)

I love this game. Just love it. Santana Moss (and his 19.6-yards-per-catch average) is licking his chops at facing the 31st-rated pass defense in football. I say with big brother Peyton in the house (and Peyton will be at Giants Stadium Sunday), Eli shows off another ending. I think Eli's going to get a patent for impossible finishes pretty soon.

New York Giants 21, Washington 20

1 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Chicago (3-3) at Detroit (3-3)

I was at the game the last time these teams met. Joey Harrington bought his ticket out of Detroit that day, throwing five interceptions to hand the Bears a win they barely deserved. I expect Jeff (Don't Call Me Karim) Garcia to manage the game a little better in this one.

Detroit 16, Chicago 10

1 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Green Bay (1-5) at Cincinnati (5-2)

Guess who's leading the NFL in touchdown passes? Brett Favre. Fourteen. Guess who's second? Carson Palmer. Thirteen. Knowing how respectful Palmer is, I expect him to do a Wallace Cleaver impersonation when he meets Favre before the game.

Cincinnati 23, Green Bay 21

1 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Oakland (2-4) at Tennessee (2-5)

The temptation is to say: Hey, the Raiders, at 2-4, aren't dead yet. And then you look at the next 25 days: at Tennessee, at Kansas City, Denver, at Washington. Oooof.

Oakland 27, Tennessee 20

4:05 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Miami (2-4) at New Orleans (2-5)

Well, they're not going to be the New Orleans Saints anymore. Why retard progress? Let's just give 'em a new name in their new city right now.

Miami 20, Baton Rouge 10

4:05 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Kansas City (4-2) at San Diego (3-4)

On my tombstone will be the words: Stubbornly, he didn't know when to take San Diego out of his Fine Fifteen.

San Diego 22, Kansas City 17

4:15 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Tampa Bay (5-1) at San Francisco (1-5)

Chris Simms has the benefit of a bye week and faces a pass defense allowing 329 yards a game. If he doesn't throw for 300 and three scores, I'll be stunned.

Tampa Bay 34, San Francisco 10

4:15 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Philadelphia (4-2) at Denver (5-2)

The most notable stat of the day will be the total of Philadelphia rushes: 28. I asked Andy Reid the other day: "Who do you think you are, Mouse Davis?" But I think he'll start to tilt more toward 60-40 run-pass from now on.

Philadelphia 16, Denver 13

8:30 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Buffalo (3-4) at New England (3-3)

Poor Buffalo. Coming off a crushing loss at Oakland, traveling west to east, traveling again to Foxboro, and facing a team that's been off for two weeks. A Belichick team that's been off two weeks. This one could be ugly.

New England 24, Buffalo 10

9 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Baltimore (2-4) at Pittsburgh (4-2)

Not to rub it in, but the offense run by Brian Billick and Jim Fassel is averaging 11.5 points per game. In six games, the Ravens have run for one touchdown. Gentlemen, polish your resumes.

Pittsburgh 17, Baltimore 3

Season Total Last week: 6-7 Overall: 54-46

I don't mind if you pick against the skins:

BUT to be taken seriously could you list a reason and not actually say: The other team is so much better but.. his brother is in the stands and I think he will "patent" the comeback... The ignorance of it all...

Say: This is a divisional conference and I feel the Redskins will be overconfidant with the 31st ranked defense. Mistakes on their part will equal a comeback win for Eli.

see, not so hard... not true, but it looks better!

his brother is in the stands and I think he will "patent" the comeback

I love this one. He now has a total of two 4th quarter comeback victories under his belt for his career and the one against the Cowboys last year his contribution to the comeback was a swing pass to Barber and a 5 yard pass to Rivers. Tiki did the rest.

If Patrick Ramsey or Jason Campbell had done this he would be talking about how shaky they had been for putting their team in that position to begin with.

blah, blah, blah

1 p.m. ET

Preview | Matchup Washington (4-2) at New York (4-2)

I love this game. Just love it. Santana Moss (and his 19.6-yards-per-catch average) is licking his chops at facing the 31st-rated pass defense in football. I say with big brother Peyton in the house (and Peyton will be at Giants Stadium Sunday), Eli shows off another ending. I think Eli's going to get a patent for impossible finishes pretty soon.

New York Giants 21, Washington 20

Gee Peter, aren't trying to unzip Eli's fly with that are we? :rolleyes:

That's actually just a backhanded slap at the Skins. He is obviously trying to downplay our win last week.

Obviously. :doh:

Look everyone, not everyone is thinking "Redskins" with every word they write or speak like we do. It's one thing to jump on Peter King as a former Giants beat writer picking them over a 'Skins team that he's criticized in the past. Fair enough.

But this conspiracy stuff wears very thin.

He has a right to his opinion, but he should back it up with something more then big brother will be in the house. The winds will be swirling around Giant's stadium and this game may come down to the running game. If that is the case I will take the Dirtbags and Portis/Betts over the Swampthings and Tiki.

On a side note, Someone should start a mediot Photoshop thread. There is plenty of material between King, Lenny, Nunyo and the rest. I for one would like that even more then the Eli thread.

Archived