Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plaxico & Shockey

killadingo

Windy City,

I think the Giants have lost the time of possession game in each of their games. The Cowoys had the ball over 40 minutes and barely beat the Giants. Time of possession has not been a factor in their games. And not only did the Broncos win the time of possession game, they won the turn over battle too but still lost. The only turnover the Giants got from Denver was on the last play of the game when they fumbled the kick off because they were trying to pitch it back.

']Windy City' date='

I think the Giants have lost the time of possession game in each of their games. The Cowoys had the ball over 40 minutes and barely beat the Giants. Time of possession has not been a factor in their games. And not only did the Broncos win the time of possession game, they won the turn over battle too but still lost. The only turnover the Giants got from Denver was on the last play of the game when they fumbled the kick off because they were trying to pitch it back.[/quote']

This all may be true, however, the fact remains that the Giants will have to put up points to win this game. Your D will only be able to do so much. You will not be able to score if you do not have the ball. :gaintsuck

The Skins defense matches up--physically--against the Giants personnel better than just about anyone. The Giants trio of Burress, Toomer, and Shockey is used to beating up on smaller defenders. But the Skins have tough, physical corners who can run with any of those guys and still compete for the ball. Sean Taylor is a physical match for anyone in the league. Plus, the Skins have linebackers who can run an cover as well as any LB unit in the league.

Don't expect to see man coverage the whole game, though. In fact, I would expect a heavy dose of zone coverages when the Skins blitz. At least early on, I kind of expect the Skins game plan to be about sending a message--we are going to punish the QB every time he drops back to pass, and we are going to punish the receivers every time they catch a pass.

This game is going to emphasize tactical matches, though, because the teams match up so well, physically. I think the physical mismatches that the teams might try to exploit are Tiki Barber as a receiver and Santana Moss downfield. I think it should be a dandy.

GiantsFAN,

Look at the numbers, they don't lie. You are ranked 15th in Offense.

13th in passing, 17th in Rushing. So whats so good about it? We faced better offenses in KC, Seattle, Dalls and Denver, all ranked higher than the Giants.

So your offense isn't that good. Like the rams of 5 years ago, they were high scoring only because they got into shoot outs because they couldn't stop anyone. Against good teams, you need to play the time of possesion game and only the niners, browns and fins are worse than the giants.

So rank 15 on offense, 28th in Time of possesion. Your offense is GOOD?

Come on buddy, try better next time.

I think we'll put Lavar on Shockey

and USE ST to help whomever.

I was wondering about this, too.

I thought that usually TEs are covered by LBs, but I don't know. Shocky's a big boy, and I think LaVar's bigger than ST.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of ST on Shockey while LaVar goes Eli hunting, either.

We're playing the niners defense two games in a row.

We should move the ball at will.

Arrington has never been a good cover linebacker. If anything it will be Taylor on Shockey with a lot of zone coverage. Buress and Toomer are average wide outs and Harris, Springs and Rogers will be able to cover them.

This is not the same giants teams fo the past. They always had good defenses but not this year.

The only thing that concerns me is Pierce. He was such an important part of the defense and knows all the calls. Hopefully GW can change it up so Peirce can't help out their offense.

The D will play Shockey just like they played Tony G. in KC, and he didn't have a big game and is better then Shockey.

Springs and Harris are both physical CB's that will play Burres tough.

If shockey or any WR go over the middle then ST will be there and well I'm sure the receiver won't like it. Tiki is the piston that makes the engine go, if we can control him then the Giants O takes a big hit and becomes one dimensional.

:gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

Archived