Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins #7 Offense! But Wait .. That's Not All!!

TD Riggo

Skins are ranked #7 in total offense! I heard this the other day, and thought "hey. That's cool!" But I just went to NFL.com and realized that while we are ranked #7, the top six teams, except for Arizona, have all played 6 games and we have played 5 due to the BYE.

When those teams ranked higher have their BYE, will we be the #1 offense in the league?! We are only 34 yards shy of the #1 team, Seattle!

Wow!

yeah, but a lot of this has to do with the fact that we get no turnovers and have to drive the entire field all the time. Also, with that much yardage we need more points. As happy as I am that the offense is doing better, there's still room for improvement

Seattle (#1) has a negative turnover ratio as well (not as negative as ours). So the comment about driving the length of the field is very true. The offense looks solid but I'd rather have shorter fields and more points!

Don't get me wrong - its nice to have an offense that not one-dimensional and actually has some elements that scare people. I'm loving the progress this year!

The offense is improving, and pretty soon we will be unstoppable. I would like to see more points on the board tho.

That's a bit of a stretch. Improving yes. Better, yes. The only unstoppable offense that I've ever seen was the 91 Redskins & you will never see that again. They banged out the entire league that year & most games wasn't close.

That's a bit of a stretch. Improving yes. Better, yes. The only unstoppable offense that I've ever seen was the 91 Redskins & you will never see that again. They banged out the entire league that year & most games wasn't close.

I think the train has just left the station, and we are just now getting up to speed! Consider that Moss and Cooley are the only receivers who has had considerable success. If we can get Patten, Taylor, and Thrash fully up to speed, plus some TD's from Portis (which HAVE to be coming on Sunday) and we will be unstoppable.

We are only:

6 yards per game away from being 3rd ranked Offense

9 yards per game away from being 2nd

Seattle is way up there though @ 407.2 yards per game. We are at 373.2...

San Fran allows 451.8 yards per game, having played 4 teams with YPG in the 370s + Indy which is at 339.8.

Assuming YPGs remain the same, which they will not...:

Getting 400 yards against San Fran will put us at 377.6 yards per game. This would result in us passing Dallas for the 6th spot, and being .2 yards per game under 5th spot, NE.

Getting 451.8 yards against San Fran (their AVG) will put us at 386.3 yards per game and give us the SECOND RANKED OFFENSE IN THE NFL (behind Seattle which averages a whooping 407.2 YPG and had 354 total yards against us).

We have all been watching the offense get better and better every week (ever since they punked the cowgirls on MNF) and you gotta think that, barring injury, they will just keep getting better as the season goes along. I just wonder how good our DEFENSE is gonna be with Airrington back ? I mean is he gonna get on the field and just start walking through people like he's LT ? If Arrington starts feeding off of the collective emotion of the full house and starts blowing up the niners offense, the wave of emotion will carry over to the rest of the team, and the Skins could just blow the 49's out of the house. Lookout niners---3 and 2 just wont do. ALL HAIL THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Archived