Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank God for AFN

Skins4me

I am in the military and now stationed in Germany. Other then deploying to Iraq soon, one of my biggest concerns was missing a Redskins game. I have seen all regular season games and the preseason game against the Steelers so far this season thanks the AFN (Armed Forces Network).

Needless to say I'am tickled Hog pink. I was previously stationed in San Antonio Texas and had to watch the games at a Sports Bar (Fatso's) that had great Skins fans. I was a season ticket holder from 1993-1998, thanks to a Army buddy of mine who married into a pair of them.

Again this week, the Redskins vs KC game will the televised (19:00 our time, 1300 yours....that's Army time for you civilian fans). For all you B&G fans, just know that you''ll have have support half way around the world at the same time.

Hail tot he Redksins - Hail Victory!

I'm located in Japan, and I have the same problem. Imagine my surprise when they show only 3 or 4 games, and every week so far they've shown a Redskins game. If they start losing I know it's going to stop. I wake up at 1am local time to pregame and watch the skins play, and root extra hard, because if they get worse, I probably won't see the next game at all.

I'm glad the NFC East is the best division now for the same reason. Cowboys-Giants is on AFN also.

Heres to a 15-1 season

I use to live in Panama. AFN rocks!!! The only crap thing about it is the non-advertising commercials. What usually comes on is military info stuff (thats all I could remember) My mom is not much of a football fan, but she loves the commercials during Super Bowl. She was pissed when they didn't show any when we lived in Panama.

Here in Okinawa with my brother, who's stationed here for 3 years. We never thought we'd be able to see so many Redskin games. Starting to wonder if the guy at the top at AFN is a Skins fan, but if not, well, nobody's perfect. Regardless, we're not complaining out here. Go Skins!

I was in Germany for 3 years. Luckily it was during the first Joe Gibbs era when we were awesome, so I got to catch a bunch of games. I had to listen to the Bills-Giants Superbowl (1991) on AFN on my walkman while sitting in a bunker in full MOPP gear in Saudi Arabia. That's a game I'll never forget :)

Stay safe out there man. HTTR! :point2sky

I am a VET myself, although I was not in the Army myself (USMC) I work for the army now. I may give the other services crap from time to time, but in the end none of us could do anything without the other so, thank you and God Bless.

Stay safe so next year we can have and Extreme Skins Veterans party!

Here in Okinawa with my brother, who's stationed here for 3 years. We never thought we'd be able to see so many Redskin games. Starting to wonder if the guy at the top at AFN is a Skins fan, but if not, well, nobody's perfect. Regardless, we're not complaining out here. Go Skins!

Ahh, Okinawa. Known as "The Rock" by those stationed on it. I was Navy. I was there for 2 years in '76 and '77, stationed at Torii Station. That's probably gone now though. Top legal speed limit on the island: 50 clicks an hour, which is 30 mph. Exchange rate was 300 yen for a dollar back then. Case of budweiser was four dollars and change. Is the infamous BC street still there?

I believe Torii station is still around. We don't call Okinawa the rock anymore. I don't know if there's a BC street, but there's a little place called whisper alley thats notorious/hilarious. The yen rate is closer to 100yen/dollar, and they're restricting liberty a lot more. Speed limits are still low but I doubt I'll get a license while I'm out here. I'm on Camp Hansen, was Kin town around back then?

go skins

I am in Iwakuni Japan (USMC). I get up at 0200 like any good Redskins fan would do to do my part. Only problem, beer and hot wings don't go down as well when it's that late/early, but I put the coffee on and my jersey and watch the game. I have to give it up for AFN, they do a good job of showing Skins games so far. Except last week when the darned baseball game went into 18 innings!! After that, Sesame Street came on. Thanks to Skinsfanatic, I was able to watch the highlights. Thanks, man.

Go Skins!

Hello fellow redskins fans I'm checking in from Kuwait I am here as a civilian working for a contractor, I cam from Robins Air Force Base in Georgia, Been here for about five months now and I am also thanking god for AFN and all the support from you fans, I'll be watching the Skinz Chief game with a six pack of gatorade because bear is not allowed here in Kuwait, so hail to the

redskins hail victory!!!! :point2sky :cheers:

I believe Torii station is still around. We don't call Okinawa the rock anymore. I don't know if there's a BC street, but there's a little place called whisper alley thats notorious/hilarious. The yen rate is closer to 100yen/dollar, and they're restricting liberty a lot more. Speed limits are still low but I doubt I'll get a license while I'm out here. I'm on Camp Hansen, was Kin town around back then?

go skins

Whisper alley? That sounds like BC street. You walk down the street minding your own business and suddenly you hear whispers coming out from cracked doors, right? And then, curiously, you walk up to the door where the whispers are coming from. Etc. Am I close? Is it right off Gate 4 at Kadena AFB?

Nope, I've never heard of Kin town.

Archived