Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

denver broncos ran 165 yards on 28 carries, a 5.9-yard average

Moz Wanted

The redskins D is not bad, we are very good at keeping other teams from scoring. The only problem is this is the second game in a row that we've allowed big running plays to hurt us and we have a team with 2 big time running backs to play on the road next week.

The redskins D is not bad, we are very good at keeping other teams from scoring. The only problem is this is the second game in a row that we've allowed big running plays to hurt us and we have a team with 2 big time running backs to play on the road next week.

i think we can contain em if springs and harris is healthy

redskins D is not bad at all

what would denvers average be without the 2 big runs not even 3.5

i think our d did pretty well few miss tacles cost us bad

and portis was just amazing

I think that's what most teams say when they have a team post 165 on them. Big runs count, so don't minimize them.

The skins D is good, but they over pursue and leave running lanes open. Faster backs are going to get big yards on them at least once or twice a game.

redskins D is not bad at all

what would denvers average be without the 2 big runs not even 3.5

i think our d did pretty well few miss tacles cost us bad

and portis was just amazing

LOL...and if Grandma had ***** she'd be Grandpa...the same logic applied to Moss's two big plays in Dallas equals a 13-0 loss. Portis BTW...had three nice runs of 21, 16 and 13 and a bunch of garden variety stuff also but once again didn't get into the end zone. I don't really think that qualifies as "just amazing"...

like i said , we are mad when people say take away the so and so 64 yard portis run and wacha got?? so we gotta add those runs , i thought we gave up more bell had like 137 ..but maybe we didnt ...anyway we HAVE to count those runs they are in the books now i would agree if you said once we get healthy and back in a groove we will be shutting them down again cause i think a lot of our problem is not being healthy ....that and a GLARING Disgusting lack of pass rush which in turn is not giving us ANY turnovers , think if we had a rush how good our D would be ~

My question is how does Holdman get the scheme of the defense, and he wasn't even here last year. Lavar was here watching all season. Damn how complicated is GW system anyway. This excuse is real weak. We need him in there. Shaun ALexander had a good running day too.

Thats what I have been saying...

Every time I make a comment like that, the vets around here at ES always jump on my case...

:doh:

like i said , we are mad when people say take away the so and so 64 yard portis run and wacha got?? so we gotta add those runs...

Leave the runs in and it's still only 257 yards offense. Any NFL team that doesn't get 300 yards of total offense, did not have a good day, especially when you have two plays for 89 yards!

One third of their total yards came on TWO PLAYS!

2 plays 89 yards

52 plays 168 yards

You could easily make the argument that, looking at the other 52 plays, those two plays were a fluke.

Buddy I know what you are saying but that how football works. Teams battle back and forth until someone makes a big play. Pretending that big plays are just flukes if wrong.

Also this isn't the first game the defense has allowed big plays in the running game. This is the second week in a row they've been gashed. I think the hurting corners are partly to blame for it. Let's hope we don't have this problem next week because there are two RBs in KC that can flat out play.

Our defense lost the game for us in my opinion. They gave up those runs, because of mistackles and taking wrong angles, as well as a nice push in the back by one of the players on the Bronco's side. Officiating also contributed. I don't think we are team that can play error free just yet, we are on the right path, but it will take some time to work out the kinks. We need our defensive stars to be healthy and on the field.

My question is how does Holdman get the scheme of the defense, and he wasn't even here last year. Lavar was here watching all season. Damn how complicated is GW system anyway. This excuse is real weak. We need him in there. Shaun ALexander had a good running day too.

First let me say that I've followed Lavar since his Penn State days, and he is probably my favorite player, but the problem isn't that he doesn't understand the scheme, the problem is that Lavar doesn't follow the scheme. He likes to 'freelance', always has, when Lavar commits to believing that the scheme works, and plays within it, he will see a whole lot of playing time. So at this point you only have to wonder 'Is Lavar a Team Player?' or 'Is Lavar playing for Lavar?'

Imma be honest, I've played football in the rain many times, if the field was a dry, those 2 runs would have never happened. As an offensive player, you decide your cuts, so as Tatum Bell is about to make a cut, he controls the force to keep himself from slipping. Defensively, you have to react to the cuts, so your instincts tell you to plant your foot as quickly as possible to make the play, and you end up losing your footing.

i think if the weather was dry, TB and CP wuddnt have gone of 100 yards.

One third of their total yards came on TWO PLAYS!

2 plays 89 yards

52 plays 168 yards

You could easily make the argument that, looking at the other 52 plays, those two plays were a fluke.

You could...but you would look foolish doing so.

Skins offense vs Dallas:

2 plays: 109 yards=54.5 avg. yds per play

62 Plays: 237 yards=3.8 avg. yds per play

Imma be honest, I've played football in the rain many times, if the field was a dry, those 2 runs would have never happened. As an offensive player, you decide your cuts, so as Tatum Bell is about to make a cut, he controls the force to keep himself from slipping. Defensively, you have to react to the cuts, so your instincts tell you to plant your foot as quickly as possible to make the play, and you end up losing your footing.

i think if the weather was dry, TB and CP wuddnt have gone of 100 yards.

Ifs 'n buts...candy'n nuts...

We tackled so well against Chicago and Dallas. For the most part, we tackled well in the first half of the Seatle game but even then we missed a few or let a guy get a couple of yards after contact. I don't think our tackling is as consistently crisp as it was in the first two games. KC has two big-time backs but we can shut them down if we can get back to tackling like we did in the first two games.

probably cause Lavar missed most of training camp while Holdman was in there everyday fighting for a spot on the field... also remember Lavar basically missed last season entirely... so its not like Lavar has a lot of experience PLAYING in this scheme...

Plain and simple Lavar will get in there soon enough he just needs to get more work in practice...

Archived