Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

a look back at the Portis fumble

coldpack

It just sucked.

We turn the ball over on the first drive in every game. If I were an opposing teams coach, I would start asking the question with my coordinator "What's are game plan for when we get the ball with great period after the Redskins first drive?" because seriously, every single game.

It was just mistimed and neither really had control of it. I'd place more of the blame on Portis than Brunell (offically was scored Brunells fumble), but it was really conditions of a wet ball playing into a mistiming between the two.

Ah, we're just spotting them a few points to make it more interesting.

It's like a handicap for football.

Actually, I'm thinking it's an NFL conspiracy: increase parity, maximize viewership -- more advertising dollars, and more moolah in the owner's/networks pockets. :laugh:

Or maybe it's just crummy luck. :D

I think it was probably portis' fault too, the odd thing was though that it looked like it took Portis a couple of steps to realize he didn't actually have the ball in his hands. Anyone else notice? It seemed like it took him a while to realize he wasn't holding anything. Or am I just imagining that?

To me, it looked like Portis wasn't expecting the hand off. Looked like he thought it was a play action as he headed into the line. The line seemed to be pass blocking on the play as well, although it may have been a draw.

Thats what I thought too, and it also kinda seemed like Brunell was backing up to pass as well, though he could have been faking it. Has anyone seen any offical explaniation from the team? I'd be interested to see Gibbs or Portis or Brunell's take on the play.

To me, it looked like Portis wasn't expecting the hand off. Looked like he thought it was a play action as he headed into the line. The line seemed to be pass blocking on the play as well, although it may have been a draw.

I got that feeling as well...you could also see that Portis took another step before he realized Brunell had dropped the ball.

It just sucked.

We turn the ball over on the first drive in every game. If I were an opposing teams coach, I would start asking the question with my coordinator "What's are game plan for when we get the ball with great period after the Redskins first drive?" because seriously, every single game.

It must be MANDATORY for Brunell to turn the ball over each game. He has never had a game in which he doesn't turn it over. It is the QB's job to make sure the ball gets to the running back. Plummer doesn't seem to have that problem Matt Hasselback doesn't seem to have that problem We have the wrong QB.

It must be MANDATORY for Brunell to turn the ball over each game. He has never had a game in which he doesn't turn it over. It is the QB's job to make sure the ball gets to the running back. Plummer doesn't seem to have that problem Matt Hasselback doesn't seem to have that problem We have the wrong QB.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA...wait.....wait.....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived