Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trotter thing.......

Joey T

I'm having a hard time with the Trotter thing. He was ALL world with the Eagles. He signed with us and was ALL sh!t. He resigned with with the Eagles and now he's ALL world again according to the mediots. I would hate to see him put the WEEDGIE on Portis in a potentially playoff ramifation game with the eaglets.

I see a parallel here with LaVar. He was a very GOOD LB. Even a game changer at times. Now it seems he has slipped into mediocrity according to many posters here, as well as some in the media.

I cannot imagine the havoc LaVar would wreak against us if we cut/traded him

to a team with a system he is better suited for :doh:

I only hope cooler heads will prevail. Let's take our time with this and get it right :notworthy :applause: :cheers:

Oh, in case you don't know what WEEDGIE is, it's something like QUA-EETAS or something of that nature :doh: D@mn, it's hard to keep up with today's nomenclature :)

Well for one thing while trotter was here he was coming off the knee injury, which everyone says really takes an athlete a full year to get back to full speed. Trotter never got a chance to get back to full speed while he played for us. The other thing is our D forced trotter to play a position, while the eagles let him free lance around. In our D if trotter was to hit gap B, he was to hit gap B, where as in the eagles system if he thinks he sees something developing i guess he is allowed to pursue that. I know we got burned a few times cause trotter wouldnt pick up his assignment in the flat (the stephen davis major pickup on 3rd or 4th down that he gained a ton of yards from a screen pass to get in field goal range to seal the game). I guess it's kind of the same thing with lavar, which is kind of sad cause if he would just accept his role he would be that much better. Plus he has been here thru the struggles, and it would be nice for him to see some payoff now that we are starting to right the ship.

Trotter's abilities suit the Eagles' D perfectly. That's pretty much it. They're glad to have him back and he's happy to be there, but he doesn't do well outside their system. The same time, his replacements at Philly didn't do as well as he.

I know we got burned a few times cause trotter wouldnt pick up his assignment in the flat (the stephen davis major pickup on 3rd or 4th down that he gained a ton of yards from a screen pass to get in field goal range to seal the game).

When I think of Trotter and his time here, that is the play that pretty much sums up what I felt about him in our system, unfortunately. The guy went for the sack rather than keeping an eye on Stephen Davis. The MLB's first responsibility is always the RB... :doh:

Are you people serious ?!?!?!

Now it seems he has slipped into mediocrity according to many posters here, as well as some in the media.

He slipped in to mediosirty by not playing for an entire season and sitting out an entire training camp.

I cannot imagine the havoc LaVar would wreak against us if we cut/traded him to a team with a system he is better suited for :doh:

Cut, no, that would wreak havoc on our salary cap.

If we could get the right trade. . . who knows.

Trotter only "sucked" here because who ever our defensive coordinator was, was an idiot.

Marvin Lewis is an idiot now? You people amaze me.

hes crazy for not putting Lavar in the game

As long as our defense plays this well, Greg Williams should not be questioned. If they sucked, I'd welcome the criticism. In this case, it is unwarranted.

Sheesh.:2cents:

Yes I was, I know hes winning right now, but some of the things he did I didnt agree with. Not only him but that other dude, I forgot his name now

Mike Nolan? Or the one under Schotty?

I personally think that the whole team is playing like a team, and if LA doesn't want to be a part of that team then they need to make him a part of another team for a very high price.

We don't need a loose cannon floating around out there causing issues in the locker room which will destroy the harmony we are seeing out on the field.

We used to win Superbowls with three very non descript linebackers... remember them?

Kaufman, Coleman, Olkewicz? The ones the papers and mags used to always grade out at C-?

A lot of people didn't believe in the DL that Williams put together, myself included. A lot of people didn't think he could stop the run. A lot of people screamed about losing Champ and Smoot.

We keep questioning Williams and his use of players in schemes, but he seems to get the job done quite well.

I wonder when we are going to quit questioning the coaching staff that has proven successful (remind me what the defense ranked before Greg got here?) in turning the team around for the first time in more than a decade and start questioning the players who aren't playing for what they might or might not be doing?

Just a thought.

Archived