Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

we BEAT the hawks

D'Pablo

We clearly outplayed these guys. The pundits keep bringing up the fact that they lost due to a missed field goal. They don't, however, mention how we moved the ball at will on them, missed a field goal ourselves (which should have been the winning margin), and it took a fluke turnover for them to be in position to win. How many third downs did we convert against the best 3rd-down D again? Weren't we missing three starters in the secondary against them (Prioleau, Taylor, Harris) in crunch time? Didn't we dominate time of possession (39:22 v. 26:09)?

It was a scary game that shouldn't have been. When we had the interception I thought we blew it. Until then, we had basically dominated the game. Defensively, we fell apart though. This was a close game that was nearly stolen. Moral of the story get more points in the first half when you are clobbering the other guy.

It was a scary game that shouldn't have been. When we had the interception I thought we blew it. Until then, we had basically dominated the game. Defensively, we fell apart though. This was a close game that was nearly stolen. Moral of the story get more points in the first half when you are clobbering the other guy.

Agreed 100%. We dominated TOP in the first half and yet only lead by 4 points.

Some of the playcalling is still suspect and it seems we play too conservatively and predictably at times. I was pulling my hair out at us not calling a playaction pass/reverse/screen, etc. on one of the MANY 2nd and shorts we had. Insead we call a predicatable run and get stuffed forcing a 3rd down. many of which we made, but still....

Our failure to put points up when we had them at our mercy in the first half is why that missed field goal even mattered. 7 points in a half where we controlled the ball almost the entire time left the seahawks in the game. We were damn lucky that they missed the field goal or right now we'd be talking about our failure to score in the redzone.

IMHO, Time of Posession (39 min? for the skins) was the most important stat of the game... The seahawks offense was warming up the second half, but fortunately the skins offense was keeping them off the field..

We did absolutely move the ball on them, and I couldn't believe how many long 3rd downs we completed. Brunell looks nothing like he did last year, he is staying poised in the pocket and making tough passes to our recievers. He needs to work on getting the ball to Cooley as well, as it seems his main target has been Santana (rightfully so). Santana has been huge for us as well. Overall we are getting a total team effort. Seemed kinda strange though how our defense began to let up in the second half. That secondary with Carlos in the lineup kinda scares me, right now Walt Harris has been superior.

Archived