Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins' TD calls conspiculously missing from archived Dallas broadcast.

spanishomelette

I've watched the ending to the game about 6 times now :D, but I thought it might be interesting to listen to the Dallas broadcast's call (and you hear the Babe Laufenberg analyzing of all people). But from 2:56 (just before the first 4th down conversion) to about 3:19 (where Dallas gets the ball after the 2nd TD and Crayton gets hammered by Taylor) in the archived stream, there is pure silence.

Is this typical that teams erase unpleasantness from their archived broadcasts?

You could hear the actual play calls in their highlight show, but not when they happened in the course of the game.

Re: 18 minutes:

A friend says he once attended a lecture by Woodie Guthrie. Guthrie mentioned that somebody once told him that, when Nixon resigned, and the White House staff had to get his things out of the White House, one of the things they found was his (Guthrie's) album, Alice's Restaurant.

Guthrie's response, when told this was "Was it opened?"

But he said that later, it occurred to him, that the gap in the White House tapes is 18 minutes 23 seconds (or whatever), and that as far as he knew, the only other thing in this world that's that long is the album version of Alice's Restaurant.

And ever since hearing that I've had this image in my mind of Nixon in the oval office, listening to "Kid, have you rehabilitated yourself?".

Archived