Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey/Brunell as Redskins (merged)

footballhenry

Is Leftwich, Harrington, Carr, Palmer, Manning, etc. pro-bowlers?? Come on man, think outside the box. It takes TIME for a QB to succeed at a high level.

Thinking outside the box = agreeing with what you think. I see.

Leftwich, Palmer and Manning are a different class (age) and don't compare. Carr and Harrington were higher picks and better prospects, thus more of a chance... althought they're nearing the end.

Ramsey is done as a Redskin. Learn to live with it.

Well I suppose thats a positive spin you could put on it. Is it a good thing when your third best game warrants a low 70 rating?? Not in my book.

And that's a negative spin when you note that 'third best' includes games from last year. I'm simply indicating that he's showing improvement over last year.

Here's more positive spin for ya:

Against Chicago Harrington put up a 36.4 passer rating.

Orlovsky put up a 43.8.

Ramsey put up a 49.4.

Brunell put up a 70.5.

Against Dallas Brees the pro-bowler posted a 65.1 passer rating.

Brunell put up a 94.1.

The Bears and Cowboys are 2-0 against their non-Redskin opponents.

They are 0-2 against us.

Clearly, you can say none of this means anything, as we've only played two games ...

... to which I will respond "exactly." :)

Is Leftwich, Harrington, Carr, Palmer, Manning, etc. pro-bowlers?? Come on man, think outside the box. It takes TIME for a QB to succeed at a high level.

1) Manning is in his second year. Ramsey is in his 4th

2) Palmer, so far, looks to be a Pro-Bowl caliber back

3) Put an O-line around Carr and then I'll judge his merits as a QB

As for the others, harrington stinks. Leftwich isn't great, but a lot better than PR.

I've come to the conclusion that if the Skins would go 12-4 this season, win the NFC Championship game, then lose 28-27 in the Super Bowl all with Brunell at QB, the board would be full of threads started by 2 or 3 people right after the Super Bowl that would say that Ramsey would've have gone 15-1 and the Skins would've won the Bowl.

Or better yet, if the Skins would win the Super Bowl 28-27, the threads would be, well if Ramsey had played the Skins would've won 45-27. :laugh: :doh:

A thread about Ramsey and Brunell. Very odd.

*twighlight zone music*

Footballhenry, what is more important to you: winning games or having your favorite player start?

If you answer that question with the typical "Ramsey gives us the best chance to win" then I would steer you in the direction of our current record. I would also challenge you to look into the history of the Redskins coaching staff, mainly Joe Gibbs. You are not old enough to remember what it's like to win so a history lesson is definitely critical for you, but I am not gonna find the info. Just know that it's out there and since you speak about learning from the past I figured you might be receptive to taking your own advice.

Either way these threads are getting rediculous. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want a change in QB after we beat the Cowboys in their own house AND overcame some of our own demons in the passing game. This pro-Ramsey sentiment is not smart at all.

And that's a negative spin when you note that 'third best' includes games from last year. I'm simply indicating that he's showing improvement over last year.

Here's more positive spin for ya:

Against Chicago Harrington put up a 36.4 passer rating.

Orlovsky put up a 43.8.

Ramsey put up a 49.4.

Brunell put up a 70.5.

Against Dallas Brees the pro-bowler posted a 65.1 passer rating.

Brunell put up a 94.1.

The Bears and Cowboys are 2-0 against their non-Redskin opponents.

They are 0-2 against us.

Clearly, you can say none of this means anything, as we've only played two games ...

... to which I will respond "exactly." :)

To be honest, this is one of the best arguments I have heard on this board.

My concern is that two weeks ago everyone (mostly everyone) had good things to say about Ramsey, but now hes become the worst QB in the NFL it seems. It just boggles my mind. If Brunell goes out and manages a good game against Seattle then maybe Ill start to turn, until then...

Wow. I knew that I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. How many threads can the same person post the same thing? Brunell is the starter...he helped win that game. Just listen to his team!

Stop the madness, stop starting the same threads over and over and over and over and over...

Sorry I came out of lurkage... but every time I see this username I know it is an anti-Brunell, Ramsey is King thread. :2cents: :dallasuck

look if ramsey had any confidence left after the past 3 years, its all shot to hell now anyway so he's out.... and if any of you say you saw anything good of brunell minus the two passes in the fourth quarter, youre all morons. brunell is just about the most painful quarterback to watch in the game. hes garbage. i think id rather watch heath shuler. hey pass to a guy thats five yards out thats gonna get nailed for no yards...seems like a good idea to brunell. i say play the future, put in jason campbell.

FH, I wanted Ramsey to be our starter. I thought switching to Brunell was a bad move. I still like Ramsey.

That doesn't mean that Brunell is doing a bad job. We just beat a team we haven't really beaten in ten years. On the legs and arm of Brunell no less.

You can like both. You can favor one and still be happy the other is doing the job. Really you can. :)

My point is that Brunell hindered this team so much last year that I cant bear to watch it again. A serviceable QB would have got us into the playoffs last season, I feel like a repeat is coming this season.

the coaches & players have said... they changed the playbook when they put ramsey in... putting mark at a disadvantage

FH, I wanted Ramsey to be our starter. I thought switching to Brunell was a bad move. I still like Ramsey.

That doesn't mean that Brunell is doing a bad job. We just beat a team we haven't really beaten in ten years. On the legs and arm of Brunell no less.

You can like both. You can favor one and still be happy the other is doing the job. Really you can. :)

Im trying, I really am. Maybe Mark will come through and make me a believer.

Archived