Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Second rookie Pro Bowler out.....

Art

The Pokes lost their second rookie sure-fire Pro Bowler for the season with Martin going down. Martin's probably more of a tough break for them than Russell was for us, but it is similar, though Martin was in line to take over at a spot where there's not much strength at in Dallas and Russell was probably not going to break in as a starter early on. But, as Poke fans will tell us, they still have six or seven more rookie draft picks that are Pro Bowl bound or something, so, it shouldn't hurt that much.

Originally posted by Art

The Pokes lost their second rookie sure-fire Pro Bowler for the season with Martin going down. Martin's probably more of a tough break for them than Russell was for us, but it is similar, though Martin was in line to take over at a spot where there's not much strength at in Dallas and Russell was probably not going to break in as a starter early on. But, as Poke fans will tell us, they still have six or seven more rookie draft picks that are Pro Bowl bound or something, so, it shouldn't hurt that much.

Whatever. Yeah, we wanted him to challenge for the job, just like the Skins wanted Russell to challenge for a WR spot. Both injuries suck, period. Oh, I'm glad you thought that he was a sure-fire pro bowler, what do you think of our other picks?:cheers:

Ouch Smith22 :laugh:

That does suck and it always happens to the guys that you are really anxious to see, in case it was a diamond in the rough.

Williams IS sure fire, no doubt about that, so it was mainly cowpokes fans raining the praise. Understood though.

Russell isn't exactly a project receiver (man I hate that word, cause it sounds like - Section 8 :laugh: ). Russell was showing signs of some things associated with very good and quick adjusting receivers, but we could be sure how far along until a game situation like Saturday's.

Martin, I suppose had the same expectations, as some saw, but a heck of a lot hoopla was being made of him maybe making the Pro Bowl. Well now, that's another story.....

I think y ou forget about Thomas....he was the starter and Martin was going to give Thomas competition. he hadn't won the starting job, he was the back up full back. The cowboys lost depth at FB position. on the other hand the skins lost the deep speed they badly needed in the WR corp. different views huh? :)

Originally posted by Art

Injuries suck:puke:

I hope that is the last of any injuries in the division. The eagles lost Buckhalter, Skins lost Russell and the Cowboys Jamar Martin. Training camp is not even at the half way mark.

it seems Philly so far have got the worst of the injury bug. Redskins are a close second with projected starters on the PUP list.

keep your fingers crossed. I am !!!!!

Archived