Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: What Do Players Think of Skins O-Line?

bulldog

in a little blurb in the Times, Reynaldo Wynn was talking about the development of tackle Donovan Arp and inadvertently laid one on our offensive line:

"The film doesn't lie," veteran left end Renaldo Wynn said. "I know he's going against our offensive line, but hey, he's doing a heck of a job when he's in there. He knows what he's doing. Sometimes I have to think to myself, 'Man, you were a rookie last year?'"

Does not sound exactly like an endorsement of out o-line :laugh: It's kinda sad I'm expecting the worst for Osaka. Our tackles will be fine but I'm afraid we'll get emberassed out there because of our weakness up the middle.

I think that's more of an endorsement of Arp than a condemnation of the O-line. Lesser named players CAN be good and surprise people, even though it is very rare for this team. So rather than focus on what we already know, namely that our offensive line's interior is sub-par, I think it's promising that we have a young DT that can at least be an adaquate backup this season. :)

yeah, this is what I was referring to in my earlier posts when I said that Arp and Powell and maybe even Scott may prove to be some real contributors on this team. I dont think that we are in a NEED position like we have been in the past. I think that the rotation of Wilkinson, Dotson and Arp may not be the most dominant combination in the league, but I think they can keep the OL off our LB's enough for us to make some plays.

I'm still hoping that big H (whatever the OL coach's name is) is being overly pessimistic as he talks about our OL play and we really can get a pair of starters out of the set of guards we have in camp right now, hence the lack of signing veteran FA's.

Thats what the coaches are doing ND.

"You have Young and Stubblefield to deal with for maybe a series or two. Make the most of it and prove to me we have the right people."

At least that is what I think he is telling them. I know I would.

I think the middle of our L-line is going to be our sore spot for the first two or three preseason games. But I believe that it won't take long before we have some new faces showing up at camp to help out with that. I'm sure Vinny is just waiting to see who becomes available before we sign anyone.

Archived