Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about that Brunell? (Merged)

Cou-!@#$DALLAS-gh

Do you know all the words without any help?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know all the words without any help?

• Yes
    • No

When the decision was made about replacing Ramsey with Brunell... I told everyone to not underestimate Brunell... During the preseason i saw a Brunell that had his old arm strength back... Ladies and Gentlemen im proud to announce we now have a deep threat:applause:

For all those who say Dallas dominated i disagree... both our defenses shut each other down... Dallas got their touchdown on a well called trick play that taylor bit on... I dont care how the game goes, the team that ends up with the W is the better team (!@#$ you Pastabelly) We got our 2 TD's without using tricks, using flat out talent to burn Roy Williams... This is just the begining... This should be a warning to the NFL that we are here to play, you dont win in the NFL by accident...

Plus this will open up the running game because they will have to respect the deep threat we DO possess...

and how bout that pay back on Crayton from Taylor? I could feel that hit from here...

2-0 and still no respect from the sports world....? Come on...

Amen! A win is a win, bottom line. NO EXCUSES COWBOYS! We most definately have a deep threat and we should continue to use it until people do respect us. Then maybe the best running back in the NFL .. Portis... can show why he will be a hall of fame player. Thats right hall of fame. Get ready skins fans , we still have a ways to go ... but we are starting to form the team we need to bring this franchise back to greatness! MOST of the pieces to the puzzle are there. And when its all said and done, we will have Gibbs to thank :dallasuck :cheers:

whoa whoa...lets not start counting our chickens here...

our offense isnt exactly the powerhouse that it should be...

brunell isnt "amazing", he is a good QB but he isnt "amazing" what will be the test is if the skins can actually start to perform like they SHOULD be performing and can repeat this...if we can just have a two touchdown performance from the skins every week and maybe a few field goals...then our defense can win games...

its like the nationals...1-2 point games...

Brunell ended the night:

20/24 291 yards 2 TD and 1 Int. 58.8 comp% and 14.55 YPA

take away the last minute heroics and it goes down to:

18/32 182 yards 0 TD and 1 Int. 56.0 comp% and 10.1 YPA

No one is going to mistake Brunell for Favre in his prime, let alone Brunell 10 years ago. Too many underthrown/overthrown passes and lack of timing with the majority of his receiving targets.

Brunell ended the night:

No one is going to mistake Brunell for Favre in his prime, let alone Brunell 10 years ago. Too many underthrown/overthrown passes and lack of timing with the majority of his receiving targets.

Last time i checked... Last minute heroics still counts;)

I would love to see the 'Skins build up some offensive momentum for the games to come from the last few minutes of last nights game.

For 55 minutes of last nights game, Brunell was average to below average. He just happened to elevate himself to superstar status for the last few minutes with the help of Mr. Moss. :D

:dallasuck

i really dislike discrediting a person for what he did. If you take away those two bombs, Brunells stats are worse. If you dont count Alaska and Hawaii, the United States only has 48 states.

The truth is he did it. He came through for us, he made the throws on the money and he got two TD's when even we were doubting ourselves.

How about we take out the flea-flicker and see what Bledsoe's stats were. How about we...never mind. A football game lasts 60 minutes. You are judged based on what happens during that time period. How about we take away Patrick Crayton's last minute heroics last season and Ed Reed's hit on Brunell last year and we are 8-8 and a playoff team. Get it?

When the decision was made about replacing Ramsey with Brunell... I told everyone to not underestimate Brunell... During the preseason i saw a Brunell that had his old arm strength back... Ladies and Gentlemen im proud to announce we now have a deep threat:applause:

For all those who say Dallas dominated i disagree... both our defenses shut each other down... Dallas got their touchdown on a well called trick play that taylor bit on... I dont care how the game goes, the team that ends up with the W is the better team (!@#$ you Pastabelly) We got our 2 TD's without using tricks, using flat out talent to burn Roy Williams... This is just the begining... This should be a warning to the NFL that we are here to play, you dont win in the NFL by accident...

Plus this will open up the running game because they will have to respect the deep threat we DO possess...

and how bout that pay back on Crayton from Taylor? I could feel that hit from here...

2-0 and still no respect from the sports world....? Come on...

Brunell has a ****ty game that included two long touchdowns that happened to come at the tail end of the game

a W is a W bottom line though.

But please dont start this "Brunell is back, he's back," thing, first of all, if he is, you'll jinx it, and second of all, I am not convinced, not one bit. I think Ramsey could have done everything Brunell did in there, and thats my opinion, I'm not a coach though, and Joe made the switch, so thats that.

I would love to see the 'Skins build up some offensive momentum for the games to come from the last few minutes of last nights game.

For 55 minutes of last nights game, Brunell was average to below average. He just happened to elevate himself to superstar status for the last few minutes with the help of Mr. Moss. :D

While he did look average alot, he did make some early throws that looked good. 1 was even negated by a pentaly. That, and the fact that Moss is so quick you really have to toss it for him not to outrun it.

Overall, and I mean the whole game, he looked pretty good considering he had no time to throw. 1 pick where he made a bad throw was 1 of the few bad decisions by him. Even better, he didn't quit and played a 60 minute game.

Hopefully during this break they get more time together to get thier timing down.

Brunell ended the night:

You reference the lack of timing with his NEW receiving targets. He made adjustments, then found his timing with Moss when he needed it most.

Brunell has a ****ty game that included two long touchdowns that happened to come at the tail end of the game

a W is a W bottom line though.

But please dont start this "Brunell is back, he's back," thing, first of all, if he is, you'll jinx it, and second of all, I am not convinced, not one bit. I think Ramsey could have done everything Brunell did in there, and thats my opinion, I'm not a coach though, and Joe made the switch, so thats that.

I honestly dont think Ramsey would have made that 25yrd scramble... with all the pressure we had on us last nite i seriously believe Ramsey would have made a few bad turnovers... he tends to become a deer in headlights when the play doesnt go as its drawn up...I liked the veteran decisions even if was taking a sack instead of commiting a bad turnover...when we had to get things going we finally clicked on what im sure we will be doing for the rest of the year, utilizing Santana Moss's speed and getting the timing down... Tom Brady is no Peyton Manning, but they still find a way to win... A mediocre Brunell who can hit the deep pass will work fine for me

:applause:

All of sudden brunell shows a little life, and hes a hero. He made great plays for sure, but there stilll what they are and thats 2 plays.

When brunell throws for under 150yds and 1 or no tds against seattle I dont want to hear whining around here all week. I hope brunell does play like he did the last 2 minutes of last night throughout the season. However hes shown glimpses before only to disapoint. Your setting yourself up if you expecting to see Joe Theisman the rest of the season.

Brunell ended the night:

Relax. They guy hasn't taken first team snaps. Give him time to gain rhythm with the starters. If you notice, he was pretty in-synch with Thrash, who probably worked out with the second team offense more (i.e. with Brunell) and therefore the timing was there. Moss is lightning fast and getting in synch with him (and Patten) will take a little practice. But they'll get there.

Is he 1997 Brunell? No. But he can take care of the ball and as long as the 'D' can keep us in games like that then he can pop a few (you have to respect Portis!).

Lastly, Dallas' 'D' was impressive. I think many people will see Skins 'O' as weak but look at the defenses we played - Chicago/Dallas - both top notch. Lets see if they can light up a weak 'D' and then make a judgement.

So far, we're beating the teams we're supposed to beat. That is the first step in a multi-year road to the championship. You have to BELIEVE you can before you will be able to. Skins have to at least START to BELIEVE after that. It was BIG...

Gibbs has built the character of a great team now he needs to complete it with consistent play!

I honestly dont think Ramsey would have made that 25yrd scramble... with all the pressure we had on us last nite i seriously believe Ramsey would have made a few bad turnovers... he tends to become a deer in headlights when the play doesnt go as its drawn up...I liked the veteran decisions even if was taking a sack instead of commiting a bad turnover...when we had to get things going we finally clicked on what im sure we will be doing for the rest of the year, utilizing Santana Moss's speed and getting the timing down... Tom Brady is no Peyton Manning, but they still find a way to win... A mediocre Brunell who can hit the deep pass will work fine for me

:applause:

not only would ramsey not have made that run, but ramsey would have never made those passes either. Ramsey, altough he has a better arm than Brunell, doesn't anywhere near the touch that brunell has. Both of those passes were perfect. And when I mean perfect, I mean that 1 inch left right or behind and that pass would have been defelcted. Ramsey doesn't have that type of touch to be able to throw a pass like that. If you watch ramsey throw deep passes, he doesn't get any air under the ball. That makes it extremly difficult for a reciever to make an adjustemnt to a mis-thrown ball.

Also, another small thing that went overlooked was Brunells pocket presence. If you notice on the final touchdown, the two defensive ends work around the outsides and almost get to brunell. Brunell, knowing whos around him and where he was in the pocket, smartly took a step up away from pressure, and delivered his ball. If ramsey was in there, I highly doubt that he would have the type of pocket pressence to do that.

But despite all of this, the fact is that Brunell played a bad for most of the game. But do you know why that won't matter? Because we got the win. Plus, like madden said during the game, this is the first week that Brunell has really gotten starting reps in practice as the starter. Hopefully over time, he will learn to gel with his recievers a little bit more, and get a little more consistent hitting the 15 yard passes.

He Beat Dallas In Dallas On Their Nite (the Ring Crap) What More Do You Want Jerk!

A sentence with only one capital letter. Aside from that, I'd like people to realize that even those of us who are wary of Brunell's play relish a win in Texas Stadium on Monday night after they honored three of their most famous players. I also, along with the original poster, would like Brunell's level of play in the fourth quarter to continue, rather than his level of play in the first three. I'm not saying it will and I'm not saying it won't, I just hope it does.

Archived