Do you know the words to HTTR?

dgreen

New or old version?

The original words were:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old Dixie!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!

Scalp 'em, swamp 'em -- We will take 'em big score

Read 'em, weep 'em, touchdown - we want heap more

Fight on, Fight on -- 'Till you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

New Version:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!

Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,

Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Actually, it's not "Fight for OLD DC" it's "Fight for OLE DC"

Oh hell yes! I know that song, it's probably one of my favorite songs ever

In-fact, as soon as the clock hit triple zeros last night, I called my mom to sing it to her. Especially, since she called me before the game to say that the Cowboys were gonna win. She also called again to make fun after the flea-flicker, fortunately for her, I didn't answer the phone for fear that I may say something that I might regret. I had a little too much respect for my mom, even if she was rooting for the Cowboys.

We actually learned it in my music class in elementary school (in Northern VA)! But it does seem like I'm virtually the only one in my section singing the whole thing, and most people don't even sing any of it!

Yeah, in fact, if you look around, most people don't even yell when the defense is on the field. I seem to be in the minority.

We actually learned it in my music class in elementary school (in Northern VA)! But it does seem like I'm virtually the only one in my section singing the whole thing, and most people don't even sing any of it!

My wife remembers singing it in elementary school music class, too.

One of the coolest versions I ever heard was when I took my Dad, Mom and sisters to the Springfield Hilton, via limo, on Father's Day in 1983 for Sunday Brunch. They used to have an awesome spread. They had three strolling violinists playing while we ate. Since they took requests, I tipped one of them and asked him to play "Hail To The Redskins". They really got into it and 20 or 30 people in the place started singing along with us. Definitely one of the most unique and awesome versions I have ever heard.

I got the bar I was at Monday night to sing it twice, after both TDs (apparently bartenders like girls on the bar, but not dudes... smh @ double standards)

and we always stopped after "fight, for allllll, DC!!!!"

cause well, that's long enough

and, no one knows the rest of the words :laugh:

Archived