Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

like uncle, like nephew... and niece.

AJWatson3

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/16/jeb.bush.son.arrest.ap/index.html

funny how some traits seem to run in the family.

nice not talking about a hurricane or a war for a change.

story.bush.arrest.ap.jpg

John Ellis Bush, 21, shown in photo provided by the Austin, Texas, Police Department.

Gov. Bush's son arrested

Friday, September 16, 2005; Posted: 8:08 p.m. EDT (00:08 GMT)

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- The youngest son of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush was arrested early Friday and charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest, law enforcement officials said.

John Ellis Bush, 21, was arrested by agents of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission at 2:30 a.m. on a corner of Austin's Sixth Street bar district, said commission spokesman Roger Wade.

The nephew of President Bush was released on $2,500 bond for the resisting arrest charge, and on a personal recognizance bond for the public intoxication charge, officials said.

Wade said he had no further details about the charges.

Gov. Bush and his wife, Columba, appeared Friday evening at a museum reception in Miami.

"My son's doing fine. It's a private matter. We will support him. We're sad for him. But I'm not going to discuss it on the public square with 30 cameras," the governor told reporters.

It's not the first time Florida's first family has experienced legal problems with one of their children.

Noelle Bush, the governor's daughter, was arrested in January 2002 and accused of trying to pass a fraudulent prescription at a pharmacy to obtain the anti-anxiety drug Xanax. She completed a drug rehabilitation program in August 2003 and a judge dismissed the drug charges against her.

What's the big deal? They're human too. I guess you should never be able to make a mistake or your life is ruined forever? I'd rather vote for someone who has made the mistakes and learned from them than someone who speaks about things they have no knowledge of.

On it's own it doesn't look so bad. Resisting arrest is often a foolish charge to throw at a drunk person. Common sense tells you drunks aren't thinking straight and I think experience has shown all of us that drunks are difficult to manage. Now I don't know how much resistance the guy put up maybe it was a lot, who knows.

The problem is this is the second kid with a substance abuse problem in the same family. At some point this does start to look bad, fair or not. I don't know if he's hooked but when you start to get arrested, then you have a problem.

Having been arrested numerous times, this is typical for that age group. Hell, probably 50% of the kids I went to high school were arrested for alcohol/open container or something like that.

I always said that Goerge bush was good for one thing, he lowered the bar so an entire group of great leaders can run for office. I mean after all the coke Bush did, I'm suprised there was any left for the rest of America :laugh: Seriously, this is no big deal anymore. I am a lot more concerned about what his father and uncle are doing then him.

Archived