Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Henry this guy is amazing

Moz Wanted

why did't the redskins try to sign him when he was a free agent he went have been awesome in the skins D'

Year Team G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def 2001Cleveland Browns165444.01001017717.79717

guy had 10 int in his rookie season this guy seems better then champ bailey but hes underrated cause he played for the browns

why did't the redskins try to sign him when he was a free agent he went have been awesome in the skins D'

Year Team G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def 2001Cleveland Browns165444.01001017717.79717

guy had 10 int in his rookie season this guy seems better then champ bailey but hes underrated cause he played for the browns

Too expensive with our salary cap situation. We'd rather have Brunell...

:toilet:

I think the Pukes traded for him, he wasn't a free-agent.

Also, he followed the 10 interception performance with 2, 1 and 4 performances, proving once again that the sun shines on a dog's a$$ every once in awhile.

then you're wrong, he had a very good game.

This is what amazes me. I know San Diego had a good O last year. But peopl have been raving about the Dallas D THIS year, but how many points did they give up to the Chargers? McCardell scored twice, yes that McCardell, who is, I believe at last check, 307. I think the Boys front 7 could be pretty good by the end of the year, maybe; but the secondary? Yikes. Roy can't cover, and if McCardell put up two, and the Chargers as a team put up 24, without their best offensive player (Gates), if I'm a Boys fan (thank God I'm not, think of the inbreeding jokes I would have to endure), I'm a little concerned. Like when the Skins beat Arizona in the season opener a couple years ago, but gave up a ton of points doing it. Not the most convincing win ever, I'm afraid.

This is what amazes me. I know San Diego had a good O last year. But peopl have been raving about the Dallas D THIS year, but how many points did they give up to the Chargers? McCardell scored twice, yes that McCardell, who is, I believe at last check, 307. I think the Boys front 7 could be pretty good by the end of the year, maybe; but the secondary? Yikes. Roy can't cover, and if McCardell put up two, and the Chargers as a team put up 24, without their best offensive player (Gates), if I'm a Boys fan (thank God I'm not, think of the inbreeding jokes I would have to endure), I'm a little concerned. Like when the Skins beat Arizona in the season opener a couple years ago, but gave up a ton of points doing it. Not the most convincing win ever, I'm afraid.

Hmmmm, last i checked, LT was still their best offensive player.

Also, McCardell may be 307, but he is still a great wr and better than any Redskin wr.

Lt had the other TD, is that embarassing?

Our D wasn't perfect, but it is obvious to anyone who has watched them, they are going to be good.

In addition, Brees is turning into a pretty good qb. I was impressed with his ability to move in the pocket and make plays under duress. I think he is the real deal and not a flash in the pan.

24 points on the road, to that team, is not a bad job.

Hmmmm, last i checked, LT was still their best offensive player.

Also, McCardell may be 307, but he is still a great wr and better than any Redskin wr.

Lt had the other TD, is that embarassing?

Our D wasn't perfect, but it is obvious to anyone who has watched them, they are going to be good.

In addition, Brees is turning into a pretty good qb. I was impressed with his ability to move in the pocket and make plays under duress. I think he is the real deal and not a flash in the pan.

24 points on the road, to that team, is not a bad job.

Fair enough, should have said Gates is their best receiving threat. So who was "covering" McCardell? He had 9 receptions for 120+, meaning their weren't many big plays of over 30 yards. McCardell just ate your corners up, it seems. Brees is a good QB, no question, and McCardell is a good WR, but they will not put 24 up on us. Our D is significantly better than yours, there should be no arguing that. Our receivers are quicker and faster than McCardell, which means that unless Parcells makes some major adjustments (and he probably will), our WR will have at least decent days. Should be a good game, but I expect the Skins to prevail simply b/c of D.

the first mcardell td was on ware. The chargers had 3 wide and we kept him in. He was supposed to chip the wideout so davis could pick him up, but it never happened, Mcardell got up field too fast, and davis was too late. The second TD was a fluke play, davis got up on mcardell, the play broke down, davis and nguyen fun into eachother and mcardell was wide open. Our D shut down LT, and got pressure and caused turnovers. Newman allowed three catches for 43 yards. Henry allowed six catches for 79 yards and had an int. Glenn didn't allow a catch and had an int.

You all really think Henry looked good against the Chargers? From what I saw when I watched the game, the guy gambles a lot. He played well on the 10-15 yard routes and under, but got lucky a lot because he pressed the WR so much. I think I heard the game announcer say he better back off a little because he is going to get beat deep and low and behold, he did. So unless you watched the game, his stats are deceiving. Second point, he was on Reched Caldwell. Come on, Caldwell is good, but isn't nearly as fast or experienced a route runner as Patten is. In closing, Henry is good corner, but if Washington can connect on one deep on the kid; he'll back off which will open up that side of the field.

Fair enough, should have said Gates is their best receiving threat. So who was "covering" McCardell? He had 9 receptions for 120+, meaning their weren't many big plays of over 30 yards. McCardell just ate your corners up, it seems. Brees is a good QB, no question, and McCardell is a good WR, but they will not put 24 up on us. Our D is significantly better than yours, there should be no arguing that. Our receivers are quicker and faster than McCardell, which means that unless Parcells makes some major adjustments (and he probably will), our WR will have at least decent days. Should be a good game, but I expect the Skins to prevail simply b/c of D.

You are incredible. Drew Brees is coming off a 27TD 7int year... he finished with like a 104 rating last year and he plays with possible the best offensive player of the year. The Chargers were a div. champ coming off a 12-4 record playing @ home against a 6-10 team last year who had the 16th rated defense LAST YEAR. Yes, they were missing Gates due to their own stupidity but on the contrary, If I'm a Dallas fan (which thank God I am), I'm overly excited. Brees tossed two TD's but was picked once, sacked twice and hurried all game. All world RB LT was held to 3.8 ypc, 72 TOTAL yds, no catches, and a long rush of only 10 yds. The Dallas D will only get better after implementing a new scheme with many new parts... And now we face the Redskins offense.... I feel pretty good. Hopefully we can further this discussion Teusday goldeneje! :rolleyes:

You all really think Henry looked good against the Chargers? From what I saw when I watched the game, the guy gambles a lot. He played well on the 10-15 yard routes and under, but got lucky a lot because he pressed the WR so much. I think I heard the game announcer say he better back off a little because he is going to get beat deep and low and behold, he did. So unless you watched the game, his stats are deceiving. Second point, he was on Reched Caldwell. Come on, Caldwell is good, but isn't nearly as fast or experienced a route runner as Patten is. In closing, Henry is good corner, but if Washington can connect on one deep on the kid; he'll back off which will open up that side of the field.

He got beat deep on a desperation lob on 4 and 14... He should have made a play on the ball.. he says he lossed it in the sun. If you didn't watch the entire game you would have no idea what an outstanding game he had. I think he finished with atleast 4 passes defensed including a game saver on a fade in the endzone in the final minute. If the Dallas D is as bad as skins fan say and your receivers are as outstanding as you clame then you should be feeling really good about the matchup Mon. Night... :cheers:

i know but wtf i think cowboys just found their best deffencive player besides roy williams
Sorry, but no. The truth is that Henry is adequate as a CB, nothing more or less. The Cowboys have a hard-on over him because they've suffered from absolutely pathetic CB play for about the last 4 years, so he's a dramatic improvement.

Archived