Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst Draft Bust!!

MAX POWER

Cal Rossi. The Redskins drafted him twice in consecutive years with a first round pick and he never played a down. Though that was back in the 40s.

Of recent history it has to be Andre Johnson. OL drafted in the first round who didn't make it through training camp.

Heath would be second because at least he made the team.

Desmond Howard was definitely one of the Redskins worst draft busts but at least the guy made a decent career in the NFL elsewhere including a SB MVP for the Packers.

Id have to say Heath Shular, Oh my Gosh that guy sucked however he did get us a win over Dallas back in 1995! ;) Desmond wasnt too bad I think, well maybe with the Redskins he wasnt great, but played well with the Packers. He even was named superbowl MVP in 1997 for special teams. How often does that happen?

How about Gary Beaben who also was a heisman trophy winning QB out of UCLA and never even made the Skins roster back in, I believe, 1967.

Shuler takes a lot of heat, and believe me, I'm not saying he was a good QB, but injuries and circumstances led to his downfall. In more modern time, I'd have to go with Johnson, followed by Howard. One never played, and one couldn't play with the big boys.

i pick Howard over Shuler....at least in shuler's defense, the skins needed a QB more than anything and '94 was kind of a weak class for QBs and i personally never believed he would succeed, having watched him in college

but Howard, there was SO much hype after his senior season about him changing the way the NFL game is played...and even though the team was aging and there were other needs at that time, i believe we traded up and got Howard more for splash value than anything

EDIT: I keep forgetting, but CB Tom Carter deserves a lot of mention---it seemed like any WR-QB matched against him had a career day

Bobby Wilson

He was supposed to be the truth comming out of Michigan State on our defensive line. He was terrible

Or Heath Schuler

You are obviously too young to remember Bobby Wilson if you think he was terrible. He was a decent player with a non-stop motor who had to retire early due to a back injury.

Desmond Howard was never a good WR but he was a good return man. Unfortunately, we already had Brian Mitchell.

At least Heath Shuler beat the Boys IN Dallas. He would have to be considered a bust but at least he did something right.

I always thought I would pick between Howard or Shuler but, all things considered, the modern day bust would have to be Andre Johnson.

At least we didn't pick Brian Bosworth or Tony Mandarich. :D

Archived