Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we get over the Brunell is "horrid" issue now?

coldpack

I mean, c'mon. Yes yes, its not old news. Brunell had a bad year last year > Also his WORST career year. But if you all can get passed last years numbers, and compared it how he played in preseason. He looks like a WHOLE new QB. Very poised, and aware, STRONGER ARM (even tho brunell denies it), accuracy, and good touch.

If you're still complaining, you probably DIDN"T watch pre-season. Or the BEARS GAME

Like it or not, pre-season success against backups has rarely ever meant anything when it comes to QBs...and Brunell hardly looked like a world beater against the Bears. He did nothing in that game to give critics valid reasons to stop being concerned.

Brunell's performance over the last 18 games stretching back to the 2002 season with the jags, is nothing to instill boatloads of confidence, either.

Your irritation with people finding issue with Brunell's play in a Skins uniform isn't enough....

admittedly, he did look a lot better during the preseason and his stats shine against ramsey's, but everyone knows he was against the second string defenses. he got us points against the bears, which is a tough defense, but they could've (should've) resulted in TD's.

i don't think either side (pro or against - brunell) has enough evidence to know if he is the right choice until after the cowboys game. who knows what will happen monday night... :dallasuck

I mean, c'mon. Yes yes, its not old news. Brunell had a bad year last year > Also his WORST career year. But if you all can get passed last years numbers, and compared it how he played in preseason. He looks like a WHOLE new QB. Very poised, and aware, STRONGER ARM (even tho brunell denies it), accuracy, and good touch.

If you're still complaining, you probably DIDN"T watch pre-season. Or the BEARS GAME

I saw both thank you very much. And this preseason bit has been debated to death. I won't even bother to go into it. People consider different things when forming their opinion, and just because some people disagree with you doesn't mean they are incompetent or that they didn't see it. Fact is, we failed to score a TD on Sunday, and our passing game still looks comatose. Until that changes, I and the league at large will remain skeptical.

:2cents:

coldpack,

Post his stats of the Bears game and the stats of his last 5 starts and show me the difference....

Don't make us do all the work..

Just his wins:

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate

09/12 TB W 16-10 Yes 24 13 54.2 125 0 0 68.9

09/11 CHI W 9-7 No 14 8 57.1 70 0 0 70.5

10/17 @CHI W 13-10 Yes 22 8 36.4 95 1 1 46.6

11/07 @DET W 17-10 Yes 17 6 35.3 58 0 0 45.7

09/12 TB W 16-10 Yes 24 13 54.2 125 0 0 68.9

This is what scares me. Brunell's peformance in this game was prior to suffering the hamstring injury against the Giants, which is used (to a certain degree) as a means of excusing Brunell's 2004 performance.

Archived