Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Beat The Bears! WAHOO!

william1970

Hi to all you Redskin fans!

I live in England & I've been a Redskin fan since 1982. I've never seen them play in person - but I am going to see them play Tampa Bay away when I am on holiday (vacation!) in November. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

Our god (Coach Joe Gibbs) is in his 2nd season and I for one am glad he's back! Alas, long gone are the days of Riggins, Theismann, Monk, Clark, The Hogs, The Smurfs, Darrel Green, Didier etc., etc., but we have some great up-and-coming superstars. I like Patrick Ramsey, Cooley, Arrington and quite a few other young players on the team...I reckon given time, room to make his own choices and money...coach Joe Gibbs (a.k.a GOD!), can do wonders with the team. Last season the defense was superb! AND...I've seen something in the team I haven't seen since the glory days....FIGHTING SPIRIT! THE TEAM HAVE HEART AGAIN!

True..today's victory was a scrappy 9-7 win. SO WHAT?! There is a 'W' in the right column and the Skins are off to a proper start. Go Redskins! HAIL VICTORY!

To all my fellow Hogs...please remember there are those of us on this side of the Atlantic who ADORE the Washington Redskins....I wasn't privileged enough to be born American, but I do love your country and in particular...the Skins! Back in the '80s the coverage here was crap! But I did listen to some great games on the AFRTS Parade of sports. i Used to be tired at school on Monday...staying up to 5AM English time! I loved listening to Ken Allen...'Hi Welcome to pro football....'. Typically though, the frequency would disappear at just the wrong time...it would be replaced by some awful Italian radio station....I couldn't understand a damned word!

I am looking forward to visiting Florida...and I will be painted Red and Gold from Head to Toe on November 13. This will be my 2nd EVER NFL game (in person) and my 2nd visit to Tampa Bay. Last year I saw them lose to the Broncos. It was fantastic! I saw the tailgate parties, ate fantastic Steak sandwiches, drank lots of Budweiser, was told by 1 pretty girl that she liked my accent (believe me, my Birmingham accent is despised in England!) and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. This visit though, will be EXTRA special, with my beloved 'Skins in town!

Kind Regards, to all Washington fans

William. PS Dallas sucks bigtime!

Archived