Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PB: Vick blames weather for Falcon' title game loss

Westbrook36

And this is a the guy who recently said he was the best QB in the NFL? :laugh:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/99-09092005-538878.html

Vick blames weather for Falcons' title game loss

By: REUBEN FRANK (Fri, Sep/09/2005)

PHILADELPHIA - The Falcons weren't ready last year.

For Donovan McNabb? No, that's not what Michael Vick meant.

For the Eagles' defense? No again.

Then for what?

The weather.

"It was minus-10 degrees," Michael Vick recalled Thursday. "That's tough. We weren't prepared for that. We didn't play a game all year in the cold weather. I'm not making any excuses. We still had a chance to win the game. But it was tough."

The Eagles beat the Falcons, 27-10, in last year's NFC title game, earning a trip to the Super Bowl, where they lost to the Patriots. The rematch is 9 p.m. Monday at the Georgia Dome.

"We left the game with a bit of confidence," said Vick, who completed just 11 of 24 passes with an interception and ran for just 26 yards. "We weren't happy we lost; nobody's ever happy when they lose, but we learned that you have to take advantage of those opportunities when they come up."

The temperature will be 71 degrees in the Georgia Dome Monday night when the Eagles and Falcons open their seasons.

But Falcons coach Jim Mora doesn't want to hear about the weather at the Linc last Jan. 23.

"I don't like when people talk about the weather," Mora said. "They deserved to win that day."

This and that

Dexter Wynn (ankle) remained questionable for the Eagles but practiced Thursday. The Falcons list no injuries.

Reuben Frank can be reached at (609) 871-8081 or rfrank@phillyBurbs.com

did you have Corey Simon and Pinkston and FredEx then?

Yes, we had all three. Corey in the game had .5 tackles. Pinky had 1 catches and Fred Ex had 1.

Now if we look deeper into the game, Hollis Thomas had 3 tackles, Greg Lewis had 3 catches for over 50 yrds and TO wasn't playing.....

Obiviously, this years team is better than the team we put out against the falcons last year. Owens by himself changes the game alone, then you add in the fact that Lewis is now the starter above Pinky and Brown is now the number 3 rather that the World's Greatest Self-Promoter in history!

Doesnt really sound like hes "blaming the loss" on the weather.

Really just sounds like he admitted that it was tough conditions that they werent ready for.

I dont chalk that up as an excuse for why they lost.

Good point, but in Mora's press conference he kinda said.....and I'll paraphrase it.....

"Using the weather for an excuse is for pu#*ies! We just got beat by a better team thats all.".....

Im not crazy either, I think ATL can and will win this game. I'm saying this not because I don't like the Eagles, but because I think they have a legitimate shot. Atlanta has a strong defense that was good against the run so that should for the most part keep westbrook in check, but you never know. I guess the X-factor would be TO, and more likely than not he'll have a good game....but sometimes having a chip on your shoulder thinkin you have something to prove gives you the extra passion for the W..it all comes down to Monday night though

Im not crazy either, I think ATL can and will win this game. I'm saying this not because I don't like the Eagles, but because I think they have a legitimate shot. Atlanta has a strong defense that was good against the run so that should for the most part keep westbrook in check, but you never know. I guess the X-factor would be TO, and more likely than not he'll have a good game....but sometimes having a chip on your shoulder thinkin you have something to prove gives you the extra passion for the W..it all comes down to Monday night though

I like your reasoning...

I think TO is going to be covered like a blanket (or as well as Atlanta can), so that leaves their #2 WR to either make the plays or fall flat on his face.

Archived