Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow. The official Pats-Raiders thread. lol

TheGreek1973

Final thoughts on the Pats.. Their running game is non-existant. Is it just me or has Corey Dillon lost a step or two? He looks a little bit slower than last season, and that little extra quickness would help alot. The receivers and Brady look super bowl caliber like last yr. The Pats D looks pretty decent, Rich Seymour is a beast, and he clearly helps them stuff the run. Oakland looks like they just need more time to develop on offense. Their defense needs to get more pressure on the QB through blitzing if necessary. They clearly gave brady WAY too much time in the first half, and he just tore them apart. Brady is very much like manning in this sense.. if he has all day to throw he WILL find someone open.

Another foolish Maddenism. He said something like

Look at what Moss does, he draws all the defenders. You see, he runs the route over the middle, and all the defenders move up to cover Moss.

They hit the replay, and Moss in is man-man coverage, nobody moves up :doh:

I caught that... rewound the Tivo to show my wife.

Now she's beginning to see that Madden is full of crap. She also got a good laugh at the beginning with Madden and Micheals... when Madden was listing off the elite players in this game "Tom Brady is a very good quarterback, and Deion Branch is a very good receiver.... and Corey Dillon is a runningback" :laugh:

Archived