Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow. The official Pats-Raiders thread. lol

TheGreek1973

Yup, the Pats seem to have things pretty much wrapped up. I agree the Raiders definetly have some flair w/ Moss, but Collins looks a little uncomfortable in the pocket. Blitzing from the Pats seems to have clearly gotten him out of any rhythm he may have had. The rest of the game will dictate whether or not the Raiders can show some poise and have another good drive. Kerry Collins needs to settle down and make some good reads and throws.

Another foolish Maddenism. He said something like

Look at what Moss does, he draws all the defenders. You see, he runs the route over the middle, and all the defenders move up to cover Moss.

They hit the replay, and Moss in is man-man coverage, nobody moves up :doh:

While I think the deep ball is important, Oakland seems to have alot of deep patterns. The problem with this is that if the throws aren't on, it stays 2nd or 3rd and 10. Is it just me or do they run alot of deep patterns and not run that many short patterns? The Pats run a good mix of deep and short patterns, but I guess the Pats receivers are smaller and quicker which makes them open on the shorter posts and slants.

Archived