Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Props to Bledsoe

TD_washingtonredskins

On the NFL Network today, the scroll at the bottom read that Bledsoe announced he would donate $2,500 to the hurricane relief effort for every TD he throws this season. Very classy...he's taking Deion and Warrick's challenge to the next level.

When asked about the donation, Bledsoe mentioned that he thought donating $2,500 was the least he could do! :laugh:

OK, the first part is true (though I don't have a link), but I couldn't start a nice thread about a Cowboy without a cheap shot...

:dallasuck

On the NFL Network today, the scroll at the bottom read that Bledsoe announced he would donate $2,500 to the hurricane relief effort for every TD he throws this season. Very classy...he's taking Deion and Warrick's challenge to the next level.

When asked about the donation, Bledsoe mentioned that he thought donating $2,500 was the least he could do! :laugh:

OK, the first part is true (though I don't have a link), but I couldn't start a nice thread about a Cowboy without a cheap shot...

:dallasuck

Just another high paid athlete finding a way to duck his charitable responsiblities.

:dallasuck :silly: :laugh: :whippin:

I wish he's just cut a check for 50-75 grand and give it right away. I dont' know why how many touchdowns he gets should relate to how much money he gives.

I'm glad he's giving money, but i think its kind of tacky to wagon someones tragedy to your success

I see your point. But he's still doing a very nice thing and making fans along the way. I mean, who in their right mind would boo a TD by Bledsoe now?

Well, except us of course...

The skinny on Bledsoe, he's never needed to work hard because of his arm, so he never did, and it shows. He's a great guy, and I would love to have him as a neighbour or a friend, just not my QB.

I want somebody who eats, drinks, sleeps and thinks about football. I want a person who has football in his life as #1. My QB should have his priorties something like this.

1. Football is everything

2. If football is not everything, see number 1

3. Family

4. Country

5. God/friends etc.

With Bledsoe, football has never been a #1 priority, so he never improved. The person you see now is a shell of his former self from taking 300+sacks over the past 6 years, and he still does the same things.

Watch him this week hate, and I can tell you what he'll do. He'll wait for the throw downfield, pat the ball a few times, and take the sack. He may get the "feet bounce" where he sort of hops back and forth on his feet because he's anxious, ie happy feet. He has done this his whole career. The problem is that if I can see issues he has with technique, what do you think NFL defensive coordinators see? It's not going to be a pretty picture this year, and your best hope is that Jones has a monster season and keeps the pressure off him, because otherwise, you're looking at 5-11 again.

:2cents: from an old Bledsoe fan, before I knew anything about football.

Archived