Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hard to argue with this...

Dirk Diggler

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/050908

The Aamer Haleem Award for "Worst idea about getting the band back together"

To the Dallas Cowboys, who decided to reunite Bill Parcells, Drew Bledsoe and Terry Glenn about eight years too late. Come on, when Bledsoe couldn't beat Pittsburgh's second-string defense in a game that could have put Buffalo in the playoffs, wasn't that the definitive sign that he'd gone Bernie Kosar on us? Now he's getting another chance?

To the Dallas Cowboys, who decided to reunite Bill Parcells, Drew Bledsoe and Terry Glenn about eight years too late. Come on, when Bledsoe couldn't beat Pittsburgh's second-string defense in a game that could have put Buffalo in the playoffs, wasn't that the definitive sign that he'd gone Bernie Kosar on us? Now he's getting another chance?

Keep finding these rare articles bashing the Cowboys (from who by the way?).

Anything to make you feel better about your boys being dominated by Dallas. ;)

Nah, just busting DD's chops as he continues his obsessive hate-fest of the Dallas Cowboys. :)

Well, what do you expect from happy feet (what us Pats fans call him) this year? I hate to bust your bubble so early in the season, but be expected to see 40+ sacks, and about a 55-45 TD-INT ratio.

Well, what do you expect from happy feet (what us Pats fans call him) this year? I hate to bust your bubble so early in the season, but be expected to see 40+ sacks, and about a 55-45 TD-INT ratio.

He wont get sacked 40+ times.

Im not expecting many more TDs than Ints.

And Im just expecting him to drive the bus, and let the talent around him get things done.

Dirk you frogot to post this guys predictions, and the part where he called the Redskins "putrid

SPORTS GUY'S NFC PREDICTIONS

NFC EAST

Philly: 11-5

NY Giants: 8-8

Dallas: 8-8

Washington: 5-11

Dirk you frogot to post this guys predictions, and the part where he called the Redskins "putrid

SPORTS GUY'S NFC PREDICTIONS

NFC EAST

Philly: 11-5

NY Giants: 8-8

Dallas: 8-8

Washington: 5-11

Well, that part would simply be media bias. :rolleyes: Interesting what's defined as "hard to argue with" and what's defined as "mediot bias."

Dirk, please becareful. You're quickly moving up my rankings as most entertaining ES member. Is it just me, or are you more of a Cowboy hater than a Redskins fan? Actually, I blur the line sometimes myself :silly: :laugh:. Once again, stellar research. :applause: Please do me a favor and continue to find these gems when you lose yet again on the 19th. I couldn't imagine losing 14 of 15 to my arch rival. Anything to make you feel better... :cheers: :laugh:

Well, that part would simply be media bias. :rolleyes: Interesting what's defined as "hard to argue with" and what's defined as "mediot bias."

Predicting the Skins to go 5-11 is just par for the course. What I found interesting was the fact that someone from the Dallas-loving media would actually point out the obvious - that Bledsoe + Glenn is another feeble attempt by Parcells to catch lighting in a bottle.

Dirk, please becareful. You're quickly moving up my rankings as most entertaining ES member. Is it just me, or are you more of a Cowboy hater than a Redskins fan? Actually, I blur the line sometimes myself :silly: :laugh:. Once again, stellar research. :applause: Please do me a favor and continue to find these gems when you lose yet again on the 19th. I couldn't imagine losing 14 of 15 to my arch rival. Anything to make you feel better... :cheers: :laugh:

The sad thing about that run is that it's the high point of the past 6 years for your team. Beat us, lose to everyone else. It's too bad they don't hand out a trophy (or one of those pretty banners at your dump of a stadium) for beating your arch rival - you'd actually have something to show for it when the tables get turned.

Well we signed Glenn because he was available two years ago and he's been our best receiver since. When Bledsoe was cut this winter Parcells naturally saw a capable veteran who just so happened to play with Glenn before. I know, I know.... too much logic is boring and is ruining your little joke.

I'll just say this simply because you're a skins fan. If a combination of Bill Parcell's coaching, Drew Bledsoe's passing and Terry Glenn's receiving helps to BEAT YOU this season. Then I'd say they were good moves. :cool:

The sad thing about that run is that it's the high point of the past 6 years for your team. Beat us, lose to everyone else. It's too bad they don't hand out a trophy (or one of those pretty banners at your dump of a stadium) for beating your arch rival - you'd actually have something to show for it when the tables get turned.

I know... I get it... the "all you guys can do is beat us" rant :doh: . Well if you were a fan of say... Minnesota, then I'd naturally address the Cowboys as it pertains to Minnesota past present and future. Do you take pleasure in speaking of the accomplishments of other teams.....How they've succeded where you've failed? That seems to be a reoccuring them around here. Actually, one of my high points of the last six years was the hiring of Parcells, posting a 10-6 record and going back to playoffs in '03. Watching Emmitt Smith breaking Peyton's record to become the NFL's all time leading rusher was also pretty nice. I was giddy after this years draft. The emergence of Julius Jones towards the second half of last year was fun as well. Both teams have been pretty bad of late difference being the Boys stranglehold on the skins. Oh BTW, what have been your high points over the last 6 years? :laugh: :cool:

Well we signed Glenn because he was available two years ago and he's been our best receiver since. When Bledsoe was cut this winter Parcells naturally saw a capable veteran who just so happened to play with Glenn before. I know, I know.... too much logic is boring and is ruining your little joke.

I'll just say this simply because you're a skins fan. If a combination of Bill Parcell's coaching, Drew Bledsoe's passing and Terry Glenn's receiving helps to BEAT YOU this season. Then I'd say they were good moves. :cool:

Exactly my point. If they have a big game on Monday night, I'll expect nothing less than Dallas fans to pollute this board running their mouth about how wonderful that connection is and how l was wrong, blah blah blah. To me, the season is bigger than the Dallas games. Some Skins fans probably don't agree with this but that's fine - not everyone sees the big picture.

First, if the streak were reversed, it would be the high point of the Skins over the past 6 years too.

Second, if this is "our high point" over the last 6 years, then what would the Skins high point be over that same period?

Exactly my point. If they have a big game on Monday night, I'll expect nothing less than Dallas fans to pollute this board running their mouth about how wonderful that connection is and how l was wrong, blah blah blah. To me, the season is bigger than the Dallas games. Some Skins fans probably don't agree with this but that's fine - not everyone sees the big picture.

If we happen to get swept by the Skins, I would have to tweak my trash talking just a little. Especially if we're not really really good against the rest of the NFL (simular to the Skins sweep of Dallas in '95) but that's just me. Yes, the season is much bigger than the two rivalry games. We need to make the playoffs and unfortunately we cannot play Washington every week :silly: :cool: .

First, if the streak were reversed, it would be the high point of the Skins over the past 6 years too.

Second, if this is "our high point" over the last 6 years, then what would the Skins high point be over that same period?

Well, we do have a playoff win in the last six seasons which is more than Dallas has. But I'm inclined to say that the return of a legend is probably the high point. This is an event that Skins fans didn't even dare to dream of. Something more improbable than a Super Bowl under Norv or Marty. And you'd have to be one to truly understand. (Props to the Danny)

Parcells is a great coach and I'm sure Dallas fans were very excited about him. But he is a mercenary who is only concerned about his own legacy and cares NOTHING about the long term future of the franchise. His ego only allows his to get the most wins he can out of the team for his 3-4 years and then he's history just before the players are too old or the cap situation is too dire.

Still we're in the here and now - both are teams have top 5 coaches -Reid is probably another top 5 coach- and we're all in the same division. Gibbs and Parcells finally have teams in their own image so I expect vast improvement from both. Should make for an exciting season.

Archived