Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys Moves: Confidence or Desperation?

bulldog

Seems to me that the Cowboys are desperate to do anything that will ease pressure on Bledsoe. First the excuse was "Well Bledsoe was decent under Parcells before" Now it is "Well Bledsoe and Price had a good chemistry between them" Cowboys fans are seriously trying any excuse to overlook the horrendous preseason Bledsoe had(besides a single scoring drive against Jacksonville backups on defense)

Bledsoe's complete preseason totals...

29 completions

45 attempts

65 comp. %

287 yards

2 TD's

0 INTS

97.2 QB Rating

If that's "horrendous", how would you describe Ramsey's preseason?

No they weren't.

Reports had Price calling the Eagles, and was actually upset that they weren't as seriously interested as he expected.

Regardless, I think it's still a good pickup for Dallas.

I read/heard about Eagles interest.

I presume the truth lay somewhere in the middle.

Either way, when New England is interested, thats good enough for me.

Confidence. We needed a little depth at both LB and WR, and we got it.

Also, if Price is awful, then why did the Patriots pursue him along with us? They've won 3 of the last 4 superbowls, ya know.

But then again, if they know Wide recievers, then that's probably not a good thing for David Patten.

:)

Bledsoe's complete preseason totals...

29 completions

45 attempts

65 comp. %

287 yards

2 TD's

0 INTS

97.2 QB Rating

If that's "horrendous", how would you describe Ramsey's preseason?

The guy was just talking out of his arse.

And even if Bledsoe did have a horrendous preseason, as a Redskin fan he has no room whatsoever to talk. What with Ramsey taking just as many, if not more, sacks; his careless interceptions; and his low completion percentage.

Seems to me that the Cowboys are desperate to do anything that will ease pressure on Bledsoe. First the excuse was "Well Bledsoe was decent under Parcells before" Now it is "Well Bledsoe and Price had a good chemistry between them" Cowboys fans are seriously trying any excuse to overlook the horrendous preseason Bledsoe had(besides a single scoring drive against Jacksonville backups on defense)

You can surround Bledsoe with whoever you want, but Bledsoe is still Bledsoe. He will put up fantasy points, but will never make the important throws with the game on the line.

OMG... this is probably the worst written load of BS I've read in while :doh: . The fact that Bledsoe and Parcells had success before is a FACT not an excuse :laugh:. We had no idea that Price would become available early this summer. The fact that he became available without having to trade for him along with his prior experience with our starting QB was a no brainer. We would have been dumb not to add Price's speed for depth. Horrendous preseason? Are you referring to Ramsey's 65 rating or Bledsoe's rating in the 90's BEFORE the Jacksonville game. Bledsoe is still Bledsoe? :laugh: I guess you'd rather have Patrick "I'm a mistake waiting to happen" Ramsey with the game on the line... unbelievable!

The same can be said for the Cowboys wouldn't you agree? When was the last time they really hit on a free agent wide receiver?

FA?

Umm, hmmm. Well Rocket Ismail was pretty good. James McKnight was pretty good for the contract we gave him.

Anthoney Miller didn't do what we expected in 1994.

We haven't really added too many FA wrs. We did add Key and Glenn through trades that were really modest.

Haven't drafted too many wrs either. Really only Bryant. If not for the jersey throwing incident, he would still be with us. He also looks like he is going to have a breakout year this year.

FA?

Umm, hmmm. Well Rocket Ismail was pretty good. James McKnight was pretty good for the contract we gave him.

Anthoney Miller didn't do what we expected in 1994.

We haven't really added too many FA wrs. We did add Key and Glenn through trades that were really modest.

Haven't drafted too many wrs either. Really only Bryant. If not for the jersey throwing incident, he would still be with us. He also looks like he is going to have a breakout year this year.

Let's not forget Galloway for whom you so generously gave up two first rounders. That said, the Cowboys track record is no better than the Eagles and for what it's worth, the Eagles have done more with less than the Cowboys.

Let's not forget Galloway for whom you so generously gave up two first rounders. That said, the Cowboys track record is no better than the Eagles and for what it's worth, the Eagles have done more with less than the Cowboys.

Galloway was the big mistake. That's all you wanted to mention in the first place. :doh:

I didn't want to mention anything, just refuting the claim that somehow the Cowboys are the beacons of wisdom when it comes to judging WR talent.

I didn't say that.

In comparison to the Eagles we are and you are. The Eagles drafted Stinkston, Mitchell, McMullen, and brought in guys like Thrash, Charles Johnson, and Torrence Small,

I didn't say that.

In comparison to the Eagles we are and you are. The Eagles drafted Stinkston, Mitchell, McMullen, and brought in guys like Thrash, Charles Johnson, and Torrence Small,

Yet as a whole their offense outproduced all of the NFC East teams over the last 4 years. Each of those receivers brought something to the table and obviously their coaches thought that Price wasn't going to be much of a contributor.

When it comes to judging talent I take the Eagles FO over the Cowboys any day.

You can surround Bledsoe with whoever you want, but Bledsoe is still Bledsoe. He will put up fantasy points, but will never make the important throws with the game on the line.

Bledsoe looked a hell of a lot better than your starting qb.

A hell of a lot better? That's debatable.

He was also going against Seattle, Houston, and the J-ville backups. Not exactly the Steel Curtain, 85 Bears, and Purple People Eaters.

Ok then.

But we also saw how Ramsey did against first teamers on solid defenses.

Not too pretty.

Ok then.

But we also saw how Ramsey did against first teamers on solid defenses.

Not too pretty.

\

Yea he did get intercepted ONCE! againts the steelers first team....but then he did lead his offence back together for a touchdown drive....and like the other guy said....bledsoe was going againts the texans and the seahawks....thats not to hard...

Archived