Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saints Future in New Orleans

fuji869

This is something I heard on Fox Sports Radio about the possible future of the New Orleans, granted this is just "hear say".

Saints Owner Tom Benson was looking for a reason to leave New Orleans. He was one of those owners, like many others, that was threatening to move to Los Angeles if his team did not get a new stadium deal.

Also the mentioned that Benson is from San Antonio and made his money in his car dealerships there.

The Saints' (and Benson's) contract w/ the Superdome runs out after this year. There's no mistaking that Benson has been at odds with the state and local legislatures for a long time now. Also, being from San Antonio, I would be surprised to NOT see the team moved there for the forseeable future.

By many indications it will be YEARS before downtown New Orleans is rebuilt to anywhere near its pre-Katrina stature, and while it may seem callous to remove a galvanizing community force like a major league football (or basketball) team from such a devastated area, it seems far more ludicrous to put any money or effort towards those things when thousands upon thousands of people in that area have lost EVERYTHING.

The timing may have been perfect to allow Benson to finally move this team, but it seems only prudent to remove both the Saints and the Hornets form New Orleans, until that city can erect adequate structures and infrastructure to maintain simply a thriving community once again.

In the wake of the devastation wreaked by Katrina, I think we may soon see the San Antonio Saints, and the Las Vegas Hornets.

All thoughts, prayers, and blessings to those whose lives have been ravaged by this disaster. And God bless all those who are going beyond the call of duty to help these unfortunate people.

I'll tell you what I don't like...Tiger Stadium is obviously the logical place for the Saints to play this season, and yet they still "haven't decided" where to play the Saints game this season, and they're talking about San Antonio. If they use the hurricane as an excuse to move the Saints to SA a year early, that's pretty damn crass, IMO.

the hurricane should not be a reason, but I could see it ultimately being one, just not explicitly. The Saints seem like they've been wanting to move for a while, and Im not sure how big the fanbase is there, but its probably not as loyal as ours is. On top of that, add that there is no figure in the Saints organization that really bonds the people/team. Aaron Brooks maybe, thats all.

If you didnt know that the Saints were a team that might possibly be headed to LA, than you havent been paying attention.

This is two posts now that I have read of yours regarding N.O., you have family there ?

If so my prayers are with them. If not...Geez.

Excuse me for posting taking up two posts to talk about two different topics on New Orleans.

Gees I thought the purpose of this board was to state what was on your mind but forgive me for taking up precious space on this board.

Oh wait, just took up more space.

Excuse me for posting taking up two posts to talk about two different topics on New Orleans.

Gees I thought the purpose of this board was to state what was on your mind but forgive me for taking up precious space on this board.

Oh wait, just took up more space.

Did you piss in SkinandTerp's Cheerios??? Good grief!!

Maybe he's just nervous about Maryland's probable loss to Navy tomorrow night..

;)

Archived