Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A question about Matt Bowen

jrfriedm

Sorry if this has already been discused, I did a search but didn't find anything except about Taylor Jacobs :confused:.

Unfortanatly I was unable to watch last weekends game against the Steelers, but I told that on the same play that Bettis got hurt Bowen alson got hurt. I heard that they had to cart him off the field and take him directly to the hospital due to him coughing up blood. I haven't heard anything about this though and was wondering if this is correct information, and if so how is Bowen doing? What's his recovery time?

Bowen is a sneaky little DB. He fits very well (from what I can remember) in Greg Williams' schemes. He needs to buy 2 really nice knee braces, lacross rib pads, some thin tank armor, a thickass steel helmet, and a bottle of asprin. Cuz the kid is good, just pretty fragile.

I feel the same way about Shawn Springs. Incredible talent and knowlege of the game, but I wince every time he makes a tackle.

Wasn't the same play either. Matt B. got hurt tackling Bettis and had to leave the game. A little later Bettis pulled up lame on a passing play on a non-contact injury. Looked like he pulled his calf muscle.

It was actually the very next play.

Bowen's injury looked very similar to Jacobs' injury his rookie year. I didn't notice it watching the game live but after watching the replay I did see it.

Bowen tackled Bettis along the sideline with Rogers and his ribs landed right on Bettis' heel. He immediately grabbed at his ribs.

It's also possible that it got Bettis' calf started since it was the very next play that he pulled up lame without really pushing hard off his leg.

It looked like Bowen got Bettis lower leg/ankle/foot caught inbetween his rib cage and his left arm, which he landed on. It looked like he immediately went for a grab at that area. I wonder if they were worried about kidney damage or something.

G

Archived