Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the BEST Skin to wear Jersey #21?

What's your vote for the BEST Redskin to ever wear Jersey #21?

I'm bias to Mike Nelms!

I agree. But,what did you mean by best Skin ?

To me, you would have to do it over a longer period of time then ST has. Not sure I follow this thread. Do you me most talented ? or the best overall Redskin ? I thought you meant the second one. Performace on the field over a period, leader, effect, on and off the field behavior, big games, big plays, steady play, etc.

Using that as the bais, ST wouldnt even belong on the list.

I would be interested to see who people think is the most talented but I would use something like LaVar, ST, Portis and Rogers.

Only Nelms, Allen, and maybe Smoot even deserve consideration (I voted Nelms).

Deion was mediocre his one year here, and Taylor, despite the fact that everyone seems ready to anoint him the new Ronnie Lott, has NOT proven himself YET. No, I'm not hating on the guy, but a good rookie year and lots of potential is nothing compared to what Nelms and Allen accomplished. 5 years from now, hopefully Taylor will deserve to win this hands down, but the fact that he's so far ahead now displays a sad level of ignorance of Skins history amongst far to many of our posters.

I dont think its ignorance, the question was just to open ended and the choices compounded it.

Looking for a history lesson here, um, who's mike nelms?

So this is what it feel like being old. LOL :laugh:

Well, let me tell you about the good old days. Before there were Microwaves, or PCs, or cell phones, or the internet. LOL

Im sure we can find some posts about Mike Nelms.

He was Brian Mitchell before there was one. He was the best, toughest return man I had ever saw. Nothing brought him down. He didnt due it was all speed, but man was he had to take down.

Opps, do you get to see B Mitch play here ? DAME IM OLD.

After Deion, they should retire the jersey as an embarrassment. I can't help but think of Deion everytime I see #21.

That was so messed up that an X Cowgirl like D..D..Dee.. I cant even say it.

He wore a Skins jersey. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE WERE IN HELL.......

THANK YOU JOE FOR COMING BACK AND SAVING US.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

i'm 35,and nelms was my pick,he was part of something special,and next i'd go with byner because he was a beast,allen was a beast,but in a time where we werent making no noise in the playoffs,bit i dont hold that against him,taylor shouldnt be on this list yet,but is easily capable of topping it in years to come

WE HAVE A WINNER :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Byner ran his ass of while he was here. But Nelms was absolutely fearless at punt and kick returns. I think I saw him fair catch a ball one time

Did he actually do it once? Yeah, maybe he did. Just once. Nahh, he never did, did he ?

That dude could catch the ball even when the head hunters had him and the hit timed perfectly. Sometimes if was like the second after he caught it, BAMMMMM, and somehow he would stay on his feet, and turn it into something nice or amazing. If you didnt watch him. Watch a Walter Patton highlight film and put him at return man for 5 years.

5 years of doing what he did, its amazing he lastest that long.

He left it all on the field. AMAZING.

http://www.redskins.com/team/history-career.jsp

B Mitch will be in the Hall soon enough.

Nelms, because not only was he the best return man we've ever had, but he also played a crucial role in our 82 NFC Championship victory over the Cowboys.

Then Byner, who had two pro-bowl seasons with us, one of which during our SB run in 91.

The Terry Allen, the miracle man running on busted knees. The only bonafide star we had on offense for years during the Turner Era.

Loved Smoot, but being the #2 corner on the team for a few years is slightly short of spectacular.

Taylor hasn't played a snap as #21. He really should even be on the list yet.

Sanders was serviceable as our #2 corner for one year. Not sure why he's on the list either. I suppose the man can dance .... and that does seem to get him a lot of undue recognition, so maybe that's worth somethin to someone.

Terry Allen.

He gave us hopeevery week to at least score some points during those horrid Norv Turner years.

Thanks Norv. :doh:

He also taught Big Country how to run.

I loved Terry Allen. Plus, I just met him last weekend at a signing. A real nice down to earth guy.

I voted for Nelms, Taylor doesn't look right with that number...it makes him look too small.

I have thought the same thing....he just doesnt look right in that jersey. #21 is a sweet # and all but it doesnt fit him. 36 just looked natural on him. I love ST as much as anyone but I wish he hadnt changed.

...I voted for Earnest Byner....I loved the guy and I met him once and he is a very standup guy.

What?!?!?! You're not biassed you're right......MIKE NELMS!! That guy could play corner, safety, receiver, runningback but didn't because he was a such a threat as a return man that Gibbs would not risk him playing any other position. He was truly a phenom. The second best return man (I saw clips of Baugh returning kicks and I was speechless) we've ever had.

I have to say Earnest Byner and thanks to the fumbles he had as a Brown he came cheep. However I would have to say Nelms is a close 2nd and Taylor will most likely be the best # 21 if he retires a Skin or plays a long time in Washington.

Archived