Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

mini cooper robot!

PokerPacker

that car stopping test is awesome..

Seriously,, sci fi come to life. That thing moves remarkably well.

~Bang

that test is what told me that this thing has potential for real world use. there was a book about this robot, i don't remember what it was. i read an excerpt from it. it was about a guy who had heard of eye-witness reports of this robot (before it reached the internet) and began an investigation. supposedly, a car had broken down on the railroad. the robot came and lifted the car off the tracks, and onto the road. the people who were in the car had no idea what it was (it was dark out.) a very interesting story.

Is "Men of Metal" a whole book? I read a small book that appeared to be excerpts from a larger book about this. It was a hilarious read. My only problem with the premise of the book is that the mini was supposed to be "overpowered" with an engine that produced whatever-horsepower (I think it was 163, but won't swear by it), which was the requirement theorized by someone for operating such a robot. The problem is that car engines don't maintain their horsepower at a constant level. With a bit of wear, that 163 drops to 158, and then what happens to the robot that needs 163 hp?

But I highly recommend the book!

(edit) I couldn't get most of the videos to work! The only one I could see was the arm dexterity test. The rest of them just gave me the Quicktime broken video icon. Help?

Is everyone in this thread playing an elaborate joke on the uninitiated by wondering if the site is real?

That web page is, without any shadow of a doubt, a hoax. In particular, the robot stopping the car is obviously CGI, and obviously VERY VERY FAR beyond the current state of the art in robotics.

Zero chance that the robot actually exists in anything near that form.

Archived