Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 36 Monday Night Football Moments!

LoGiK

ABC is going to be "giving" the monday night football program to ESPN..so in honor of many years of great moments, this SUNDAY at 2:30 eastern, they will have a top 36 moments! they showed a preview and it looks so awesome, one of the moments is Lawerance Taylor Breaking Theismans leg :gaintsuck LoL, make sure you tune in on ABC this sunday!

TEG, after I posted, I started thinking about the memorable Skins moments on MNF. I couldn't find that feature they used to have here which allowed you to see all of the games by season, but (in honor of Cliunt Eastwood), here we go (I'm doing this by memory):

The Good:

1) Skins over Cowboys at RFK, 14-7 in 1973: Skins (can't remember who) stop Walt Garrison on goal line to save tying TD

2) Skins over Cards at RFK, 27-17 in 1976: Eddie Brown returns punt for TD on sloppy night......this was when the Cardinals were actually the team to beat in the NFC East!

3) Skins over Cowboys at RFK, 9-5 in 1978: Joey T. takes safety at end of game and then spikes the ball in the cowboys faces, keeping the Skins undefeated. Unfortunately, after a 6-0 start, Skins would limp to 8-8.

4) Skins over 49ers at RFK, 10-6 (??) in 1986: just remember this as a great MNF win against a good NFC team, and shutting down Joe Montana

5) Skins over Cowboys 33-31 in Dallas, 1991: after blowing out the Lions, we had to scratch and claw to get this one, and had tremendous help from Chip Lohmiller's leg. Win propelled us on the way to our 11-0 start

The Bad:

1) Cowboys over Skins 31-30 at RFK, 1983: we blow 23-3 halftime lead in opener...brutal!!

2) Cowboys over Skins by a lot in Dallas, 1985: we get whooped in opening game. Joey T threw a bunch of INTS and this was pretty much the beginning of the end for him

3) Giants over Skins in NY, 1988: we had the early lead in the season opner with Doug W and Timmy S going well, and then we just fell apart. Beginning of the only losing campaign in Gibbs I

4) Eagles over Skins in Philly, 1990: infamous Body Bag Game in which Brian Mitchell had to finish as QB. Silver lining: Gave the team the motivation it needed to get revenge in the postseason at the same venue.

5) Cowboys over Skins in Dallas, 1992: Dallas throttles us in season opener, and this game probably signified the changing of the guard in the NFC East

The Ugly:

1) LT/Joey T Game, 1985: mentioned earlier. Skins did win this one too!

2) Skins over Cowboys, 1987 in Dallas: granted, an important win over a Dallas team that had a significant number of its regulars in a season that ended in a Skins SB win. However, how couldn't a scab game NOT be ugly?

3) Cowboys over Skins, 2000: Randall C hits long TD pass after fumbling and Deion lets a punt hit his facemask. Oy vey!

4) Titans over Skins, 2000: TEG mentioned the Samari Rolle INT. Broke our 5-game winning streak and started the slide that would epitiomize the season of the Fortune 500 Skins

5) Cowboys over Skins, 2001: Stephen Davis fumbles as we're running out the clock, giving Dallas the ball and a chance to drive for the game-winning FG, which eventually they do, winning 9-7. Things really looked hopeless at this point in the one year that Marty was here.

Hope this provides some interesting memories. Please add some more!!

I'll add a new category to my list:

Dishonorable Mention (3 recent MNF beatdowns we'd like to forget):

1) 49ers over Redskins at FedEx, 1998: this was the year that we signed Stubby and Big Daddy and had high hopes. I believed we scored first, but this became one in our first winless seven games

2) Packers over Redskins at Lambeau, 2001: Our first game after 9/11 and Jeff George's last game as a Redskin

3) Eagles over Redskins at FedEx, 2002: Birds handed the "guy who coached the Redskins before Gibbs returned" his first NFL loss in a big way. Only highlight was Peaches and Herb singing at halftime.

Archived