Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great Sign in Preseason!

FARAPS

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-PASSING/2005/pre

Say all you want about Ramsey and "Boonell" but they have us ranked 1st overall in passing yards per game!! That is a great sign for our ball club and for the offense. To think how far we have already come in our passing game... I can't wait for the season to start!!!

:point2sky

saw that

Ramsey #6

Brunell #10

:thumbsup:

It's not a bad stat to have but we have to remember that we are actively looking to go long on a significant number of passes in the preseason. I'm not downplaying the significance but we have to have a little perspecitve here. If it was the regular season I don't think we would be calling as many downfield pass plays.

the nice thing is that our first string defense is strong enough to keep us in games even with one or two turnovers. If we can score more points by going downfield more, it's still worth it. We've been getting burned in preseason cause our backup defense hasn't done squat. I feel like a super aggressive offense could really thrive with our defense. A conservative offense will probably falter. Let's hope gibbs keeps opening up the passing game, along with a healthy dose of portis

Don't want to be the buzzkill but look at the stats that count, 1TD 4 INTS

yes, BUT...

It's to be expected, since the nature of preseason is to experiment. We're experimenting with our downfield passing game.

Carolina and Cinncinnati knew this and so they got a few interceptions...

What's REALLY impressive is, though they knew we were most likely passing, we're still atops the league in total passing yards AND have only given up, what, ONE sack???? Rarely have our quarterbacks been pressured....

If a defense can't truly stop us when they KNOW what we're going to do, how successfull do you think we'll be when we start running it and the defense is forced to defend Portis?

yes, BUT...

It's to be expected, since the nature of preseason games is for a team to experiment. We're experimenting with our downfield passing game.

Carolina and Cinncinnati knew this and so they got a few interceptions...

What's REALLY impressive is, though they knew we were most likely passing, we've still been very successful in total yard AND have only given up, what, ONE sack???? And rarely have our quarterbacks been pressured.

If a defense can't truly stop us when they KNOW what we're going to do, how successfull do you think we'll be when we throw Clinton Portis in there?

2 sacks, actually. Compared to, what 6, 7 at this point last year? Clinton Portis will help settle everything down. It's just us fans trying to make it until then (2 more weeks) without nuking each other over this Ramsey/Brunell debate. :twitch: I don't know if we can make it at this point. :paranoid:

Yeah, the 1 TD 4 ints state is a buzzkill. Two of those probably could have been touchdowns, but hey, these games don't count yet, so we'll see what the team will work on next week. But we are a veritable passing team compared to Green Bay, who must be working out their rookie QBs quite a bit to get those stats.

My thoughts exactly.

With Portis in the game plans change completely. We’ve been focused on the passing game far more in pre season than we would in the regular season IMO.

There is still a lot to learn by going pass happy. The big question marks on this team are the receivers and the quarterbacks anyway. What does Clinton have to prove or Betts for that matter? We know what they can do. We load up on Rock and Nemo at RB and see what we’ve got.

No panic yet. Special Teams look good, O-line looks great, Defense looks solid. Bring on the Bears.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-PASSING/2005/pre

Say all you want about Ramsey and "Boonell" but they have us ranked 1st overall in passing yards per game!! That is a great sign for our ball club and for the offense. To think how far we have already come in our passing game... I can't wait for the season to start!!!

:point2sky

I would love to see the look on Coles face after hearing about our passing game.

Was shocked to hear that stat. I knew they were attempting to pass more in pre season because its the major area that needs improvement, but didnt realize it was that much. Interesting. I'm thinking play action could be a huge weapon for this team this year with the improved O/L play and the anticipated boost the O/L will give the running game.

Archived