Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stadium Issues

CRT3

I have had numerous issues regarding the stadium over the years. The process to get them solved has been quite frustrating. Can we set up a section that deals with stadium issues and hopefully the right person at the Redskins can monitor this forum and solve problems on a quicker basis.

My issue of today is that I have paid for my 10 game subscription to Gameday and have not recieved a voucher so as to collect my program. Anybody recieve a voucher yet that took up this offer? If not does anybody know how this will work.

I know people have numerous issues with FedEx and the Redskins, but I do want to applaud how they are trying to stop the scalping issue.

Not only are they going after scalping on the web, but Redskins.com has stated (see ticket holders) that selling of tickets at the stadium for ANY price is prohibited......this is to stop the selling of counterfeit tickets.

Maybe this year we can see close to 90,000 Redskins fans in Burgundy or White at FedEx instead of other team colors.....:logo:

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Ask THE Man himself. :)

I believe he has people in place to handle these issues. My goal would be to have these people respond right here on the site. Another words this partcular forum would be used as a clearing house for complaints and /or suggestion concernning the stadium

CRT3 - I paid for my Gameday vouchers when I purchased my tickets. They came along in my packet with my Tix and parking passes. I did read on another thread somewhere that a bunch of people who did not order for the vouchers actually received them with their season tickets...so sounds like there was some mess up when things were sent out...maybe try calling the ticket office? Not sure what they can to about tomorrow....

CRT3 -

I was one of those folks SkinsLover refers to....I chose NOT to pay for the Gameday programs....yet last week I received vouchers for the programs. Mine came in a white envelope with nothing else inside.

I would place a phone call and ask about the mixup if I were you .

I kinda doubt we'll be setting up a separate "B!tch About FedEx Forum." :)

The proper way to address specific concerns about stadium issues---if you're actually looking to get an answer---is through the team, via the ticket office or other appropriate direct channels, not on the team's new fan message board.

Threads to discuss matters are fine ... I suspect team officials will become aware of hot issues that get addressed here from time to time, but I think we'll leave it at that and not necessarily open an official Complaint Department.

We have enough to do as it is. :)

Originally posted by Om

I kinda doubt we'll be setting up a separate "B!tch About FedEx Forum." :)

The proper way to address specific concerns about stadium issues---if you're actually looking to get an answer---is through the team, via the ticket office or other appropriate direct channels, not on the team's new fan message board.

Threads to discuss matters are fine ... I suspect team officials will become aware of hot issues that get addressed here from time to time, but I think we'll leave it at that and not necessarily open an official Complaint Department.

We have enough to do as it is. :)

I thought that the website was another tool to communicate with the fans? It would be great and you already have a B!tch Forum Started. The team has failed to respond to different issues at FEDEX and I was just merely offering a suggestion.

And what do you have enough to do? Arn't the Moderators now employees of the Redskins? Isn't that part of your job?

Originally posted by CRT3

I thought that the website was another tool to communicate with the fans? It would be great and you already have a B!tch Forum Started. The team has failed to respond to different issues at FEDEX and I was just merely offering a suggestion.

And what do you have enough to do? Arn't the Moderators now employees of the Redskins? Isn't that part of your job?

No, we're not employees of the Redskins in the slightest. We are completely independent of the team. We receive NO money from the team for any moderating work we do. We do not receive any checks or benefits from the team that would qualify us as employees. Essentially what we did was allow the team to support the technical aspect of being board owners, leaving us more time to discuss the team.

We specifically avoided any payment for ongoing board moderating so we could maintain control over that aspect of things. The rules are those we wrote and maintain and the team has specifically empowered us to keep being us, just with them paying the bills and letting us visit the team :).

Om is correct to say the benefit to us, as fans, is that the team will provide opportunities for all of us to talk to players, coaches, even owners. Our thoughts to these people about football will be heard. Many of our questions will be answered. A lesser direct benefit to fans is that the staff here, as fans, have the sort of access to the team that will allow a level of insight unavailable on a regular basis to fans at any previous time. We can cater our focus to what you guys want in coverage and we'll be able to see things and bring things to you the media can't or won't. And, at some point, we'll even be picking some of you to bring in with us so you see the fun too.

The benefit for us is not to create an expectation that any perceived slight or concern surrounding all aspects of the team are suddenly going to become central areas of focus FOR the team. As Om said, the team will likely become aware of hot button issues here that are not able to be ignored.

Your thread here, for example, had it generated dozens of like responses would be impossible to ignore given the fact people at the team are reading here every day. The goal, though, isn't to allow -- no offense to you -- every poster with seven or eight posts to suddenly appear and make their complaints known, then complain that the team's not really paying attention if it doesn't get through to them.

That doesn't mean YOUR complaint is trivial or that it doesn't exist. It simply means an interesting trend of people who post at other boards and not here have suddenly decided the benefit of our partnership TO THEM is to arrive here and start making public complaints about the team's business methods and somehow expecting everyone to rally behind them.

I fully support your thread as I did another thread regarding the addition of more Port-a-Johns at FedEx. You can always feel free to raise these issues here and you never know who might see it and what might happen with it. I just think it's a little beyond the scope to expect special forums to be created or dedicated team resources to be devoted to monitor such concerns.

But, if you really want, I can raise the issue internally and let them at least know you have worries. How'd that be?

Originally posted by CRT3

Psst, CRT3 ... your agenda is showing. Again.

First, I accepted your "suggestion" at face value and gave you a reasoned response. I even put smilies in there to not sound too harsh. Here, I'll do it again just to show how good my will is:

:)

As to the your last three passive/aggressive, leading questions, apparently you missed some of the recent discussions we had around here that kind of at least touched on some of those issues?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108588

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108748

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108693

Strange. I could swear I remember a guy going by a handle much like yours right in the middle of some of that ....

Originally posted by Art

But, if you really want, I can raise the issue internally and let them at least know you have worries. How'd that be?

Thanks Art. I completly understand. If you could post for internal discussion that would be great.

Originally posted by Om

Psst, CRT3 ... your agenda is showing. Again.

First, I accepted your "suggestion" at face value and gave you a reasoned response. I even put smilies in there to not sound too harsh. Here, I'll do it again just to show how good my will is:

:)

As to the your last three passive/aggressive, leading questions, apparently you missed some of the recent discussions we had around here that kind of at least touched on some of those issues?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108588

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108748

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108693

Strange. I could swear I remember a guy going by a handle much like yours right in the middle of some of that ....

1st off I don't have an agenda. I brought up a topic that I feel merts discussion and you have an issue with me bringing it up. I posted in some of those forum discussions but this was a specific issue. In fact some even answered my questions. So should I place smiles in my post so there are non-threatning to people?;)

I'd like to see the parking passes become more available.

Don't they reserve so many parking passes for tailgate members (and have they sold out those tickets/parking passes for those members???!).

It would be nice to offer those parking passes up to regular ticket holders (isn't access to the pre/post game party coupled with better seats enought??).

Originally posted by SkinsNut73

CRT3 -

I was one of those folks SkinsLover refers to....I chose NOT to pay for the Gameday programs....yet last week I received vouchers for the programs. Mine came in a white envelope with nothing else inside.

I would place a phone call and ask about the mixup if I were you .

This happened to me and SkinsLegacy44 too. I got the exact same thing in the mail that SkinsNut73 got. Now I would LIKE to use my voucher for the game tonight and all the upcoming games, but I'm afraid if I use them, I'll be forced to pay for the programs, even though I hadn't originally signed up for them.

Archived