Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randy Moss: "I use marijuana"

Spaceman Spiff

When pressed whether he still smokes marijuana, the star receiver with the checkered past said: "I might. I might have fun. And, you know, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble by the NFL by saying that, you know. I have had fun throughout my years and, you know, predominantly in the offseason.

---------------------------------------------------

Repeat. MJ is not allowed in the NFL. "I have used, you know, marijuana ... since I've been in the league,"

DUH. :dunce: How long before? "The NFL's drug policy calls for up to 10 tests a month after one positive result"

:doh:

Originally posted by scottb

(Damn I hate typing these words.)

I guess that I'm the only one that is a little irked. I realize pot is not a big deal. I realize its common place in today's society. Other than its legality, I don't make a distinction between booze and grass....but legality issues and their impacts count in court.

The only problem I have with Moss' public admission is "why"?

Has he forgotten he's in the entertainment business? Doesn't he know that kids wear his jersey and see his endorsements. I know it's passe, but being paid millions also incurs some public responsibility and accountability.

I don't care that he smokes...I just care that he is so cavalier about it, and I do care what my kids see. The announcement wasn't necessary. He doesn't have to go out of his way to be a jackass. He should keep his vices private.

Well stated. I don't think smoking is that big a deal either, but leave the kids out of it.

If you want to smoke, do it. But when your cashing the big checks and in the public eye, you have an obligation to both your employers and a moral obligation to the little ones that look up to you.

Smoking pot won't hurt his livlihood any, but it will hurt the kids who are just trying to grow up in very difficult environments.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Who cares whether he smokes. I dont and none of us do either. Why would he put his business in the streets like this ? Unreal.

This man is making millions of dollars to play a sport that requires you to be drug free for a few years. After his NFL career is over he can smoke everyday. Why jeopardize that for a little high ?

He can get drunk everyday if he wants as long as it doesnt get him into any legal situations and as long as he doesnt show up to work drunk or miss work because of it. And its legal.

What an idiot ... leaving games early, running over female cops in his car, openly admitting that he takes many plays off during a game when he is just the decoy or he isn't needed, mooning paying fans, and now he admits to getting high.

I hope that he is good friends with Onterio Smith so that he can get some masking products for his urine tests, because the NFL would be crazy to not coincidentally target him more often on random tests.

The bigger problem is the way the players Union CBA is written ... the NFL can't just test him because he declares that he has done it ... they have to actually catch him with a positive drug test. This is one of the reasons the Cowboys got in trouble for releasing Quincy Carter.

Originally posted by bnacpa

This is one of the reasons the Cowboys got in trouble for releasing Quincy Carter.

What trouble did the Cowboys get into ?

I remember there being speculation that they would get into some kinda situation with the players association, but I cant recall anything ever becoming of it.

Personally, I think the NFL protected Bill Parcells/Jerry Jones in that case and it was a cover-up. Not much about the whole thing made any sense.

Guy wins 10 games and takes a 3-peat 5-11 team to the playoffs.

Then the following season just before the season starts he is released ?

Not traded ? Not demoted for better talent ? But released ?

Hmmm....

Speculation everywhere about him having a positive test. Yet he is able to sign with the Jets without any such mention of this failed test ?

Something doesnt add up.

Originally posted by TheREALJBird

Marijuana is some high school BS, so I guess that's right up your alley

lol.... ya it is BS. I was just kidding about that comment, honestly. I have better thigns to do besides smoke pot like so many young americans do. And suprisingly so many adults do. Anyway, just thought I'd clear that up so people didnt think I was a pot head or anything.

Originally posted by RayLewis

i dont care that he used marijuana, it dont matter. as long as he doesnt take steroids i dont care what drugs he takes.

Remember Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a Ravens Fan saying that...

No wonder.

And why would you care if he took steroids ?

Originally posted by KingTaylor21

lol.... ya it is BS. I was just kidding about that comment, honestly. I have better thigns to do besides smoke pot like so many young americans do. And suprisingly so many adults do. Anyway, just thought I'd clear that up so people didnt think I was a pot head or anything.

worried about your parents finding out ... lol

Terrell Owens: What's it gonna take Moss? What can I do to get you to pull the heat off of me for a few days?

Randy Moss: Cash...Straight Cash Homey!

Terrell Owens: How Much?

Randy Moss: Enough for a brick of the good :pooh:.

Terrell Owens: Done deal, I'll have the press at your door at 8! Thanks Randy.

Archived