Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rant: Since Joe Gibbs left...

Blade

The nostalgia articles have done nothing but make me angry thinking about the things that have happened to this franchise since St. Joe left. The season cant start soon enough... my hope needs to be reborn.

Feel free to add to this list.....

Since Joe Gibbs left:

1. The Redskins have made fewer post season appearances than any team in the NFL except the Bengals and the Cardinals.

2. The Redskins amassed more losses than wins against every team in the division.

3. The Redskins have had multiple 1st round bust draft picks

You gotta hand it to Norv and CC. Not only did they lose control of the team, they couldn't find talent either. Not a great franchise building combination.

We've turned the corner, though. We haven't had a losing record during Daniel Snyder's ownership and whether you like the guy or not, he's desparately trying to win.

Our drafts (at least till this past one) had been getting better. We've got a coaching staff that's caught the notice of the league. (Did anyone out there fear Norv?)

If we can get the QB position worked out, we'll be o.k.

I feel your pain, I miss the glory days. :cry:

- Have only hosted 1 playoff game.

- Have never gone past the second round of the playoff.

- Have been shut out at home (1993 vs the NY Jets)

- Lost all their home games in one season (1994 Norvals rookie season)

- Lost to the St. Louis / Phoenix / Arizona Cardinals @ Home.

- Have lost 9 in a row to the hated Cowboys. :shootinth

- Have lost to Tampa Bay.

I could go on but it hurts too much. :doh:

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

Blade I agree we suck but that playoff info doesn't quite sound right. I believe Seattle has only been to the playoffs once in the past, like 15 years.

Yep, the Seahags were in the Playoffs in 1999 and were bounced in the first round by Miami. There last apperaence before that was 1988 and have not won a Playoff Game since 1984. I know this because this is Amo I am going to use on the Seahawk fans in November. :asta:

:cheers: (remaining line of smilies deleted)

****ADMIN EDIT****

This post edited because it contained nothing a block quote with no response except a line of smilies jumbled together. No wasting bandwidth for you, Q.

Beware these types of posts, Q... I have an affinity for giving the appropriate icons to arseheads posters who do this sort of crap.

--Blade

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

Blade I agree we suck but that playoff info doesn't quite sound right. I believe Seattle has only been to the playoffs once in the past, like 15 years.

Good catch Dirk... The Hawks got knocked out of the wildcard in Holmgren's first year, and hadnt been in the playoffs since 89 or so.

So that puts the Skins ahead of 3 teams instead of two :doh: in post season appearances since JG retired. I wish I could say I feel better now.

one thing that comes to mind for me is the qb position, who we have acquired for the position and the waste of money they all were. i.e.:

- heath shuler

- gus frerrotte

- brad johnson

- jeff george

::: throw in hostettler, banks, freisz, stan humphreys....i could go on. this is basically the qb roster for the bad news bears of the nfl.

i hope our luck will change this year. :doh:

Originally posted by Skins Trumpet-Man

one thing that comes to mind for me is the qb position, who we have acquired for the position and the waste of money they all were. i.e.:

- heath shuler

- gus frerrotte

- brad johnson

- jeff george

::: throw in hostettler, banks, freisz, stan humphreys....i could go on. this is basically the qb roster for the bad news bears of the nfl.

i hope our luck will change this year. :doh:

Humphries led the Chargers to the Superbowl after we stupidly let him go.

What did we really waste on Frerotte - he was a 7th rounder.

And while he sucked the first half of the season, imagine what SS could be doing if we'd held on to Trent Green (though he wasn't worth the $$ St. L offered him.

And don't forget - we could've drafted Duante Culpepper with the first rounder we gave up for Brad Johnson:shootinth :shootinth :doh:

It was the same thing at UF before SOS arrived until he righted the ship and brought us to a level of fear and intimidation. Those times will now begin for us again as we endured far too much suffering before the good times have returned.

In my opinion it was a snowball effect. Free agency was the ball rolling that helped push Gibbs out (along with probably a lot more important things). The death of the Squire :angel: was rock bottom. We've been climbing back toward the top even though I'll admit it doesn't seem like it. The defense has been improving and after a year or two of SOS's offense we will be unstoppable.

Let the good times roll! :cool:

since the great Joe Gibbs left, who along with Minnesota, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers and Los Angeles Raiders, there has not been a more formidable breeding ground for Head and Assitant coaches and Coordinators.

There has been no Redskin, other than Darrell Green, since he left to make a "national" mark on the NFL market or community wise, with maybe one exception - Ken Harvey.

There has been no community support-Redskins reciprocation that arguably put the Skins on the forefront with Green Bay and Miami as the most fan supportive, crazed base in the nation. The air was "always" thick with Skins mania in autumn till January, no matter what the record and each year, there was a chance to go all the way.

When Gibbs was there, every year, no team could eliminate the Skins from their schedule as a write-off, because they knew they were in a dogfight, even in the Skins down years!

Originally posted by indyskinsfan

There has been no community support-Redskins reciprocation that arguably put the Skins on the forefront with Green Bay and Miami as the most fan supportive, crazed base in the nation. The air was "always" thick with Skins mania in autumn till January, no matter what the record and each year, there was a chance to go all the way.

I live in So. Florida and I can tell you that Miami has some of the worst fans in the country. Even the fans talk about how fickle the fans are. They couldn't even sell out a home playoff game to lift the local blackout last year - that's pathetic. I'd place Miami about dead last in the crazed fan category.

Skins Mania will return to form in short order :cool:

THE DARK DAYS OF THE 90'S are over Turner that incompetent A$$HOLE and that equally inept casserly are gone. We are now poised to make more glory days, Snyder and SS have a lot to work with and I for one have more confidence in this regime then I ever did during Turner (u don't hire a COW$HIT to do a mans job)

Archived