Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Destiny

redman

**WARNING** - THIS IS A HOMER THREAD THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO BASIS IN REALITY . . . YET.

So Willie Jackson signs with Atlanta and Michael Vick, leaving us with a set of unremarkable WR's and QB's . . . just like it's always been at UFla. Does someone sense that Spurrier's about to leave the impression on the NFL about his being an offensive genius the same way that the did the NCAA?

honestly, the more I think about it the more I am convinced the Redskins are still planning to make a free agent move it just wasn't at the WR position as a lot of us had thought.

I still don't discount the Sam Adams scenario.

It could be the case that Snyder backed off and just told Adams' agent to send him an offer from another team and he would match it plus a few dollars.

why on earth else would Adams be in Cincinnati for a visit?

Just like Stubby, Adams was talking to Cincy to get some preliminary numbers he could take somewhere else.

The Bengals evidently are too stupid to realize this and continue to court these high profile players, although none of them ever seem to sign on there despite the money that is offered.

Originally posted by OPM

I suspect that Spurrier wants to prove that his offense is/was successful based on his genius, not having the best talent. The only FA-type who may be signed for the offense before camp, is a guard.

I don't think that the lack of a major FA acquisition at an offensive skill position is based on the desire of Spurrier to prove anthing. The team spent its free agent money on defense and its high draft picks on offense. Given the marketplace, that was the way they saw fit to go for the long-term success of the team. I see no basis to suggest that Spurrier intentionally asked the team to ignore the offense so that he could show what a genius he is.

I don't think that Freeman will be cheap. He's like Sam Adams, he's out there talking to teams and playing the waiting game until some team decides that he's the difference between being an also-ran or making a serious Super Bowl run.

Archived