Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTEM Tidbit. Spurrier Defending Himself vs. Gibbs, Parcells and the NFL Legends

bulldog

Originally posted by zoony

there is no reason for all the hating on Spurrier...

he knew it wasn't working out, so he did the right thing and forfeited $15 million to allow Joe Gibbs to come back.

How many of you would do the same? :rolleyes:

Let him go on with things...

(and by the way, he is correct. All coaches slump from time to time, no matter how great they are / were)

I tend to agree with your sentiment. The only reason I could see that Spurrier would be a little venomous is having to hear about the Washington stint over a year removed from it. He is correct. Coaches can and do have bad years. The bad thing about it was he didn't see the situation improving for him (or his system), so he didn't get to enjoy any success. He did us a favor by getting out when he did. People overrate the Osaka game. What were the Redskins supposed to do?

Originally posted by prophet

I like SOS.

I think our offensive line stunk... and we have 2 all pro type tackles... that are very overrated.

Gibbs is the greatest coach in skins history, but that was 15 years ago.

I tend to view this as a new gibbs... and he went 5-11 last year.

I think alot of the coaches get blamed for the seasons.... but I feel its been a front office problem more than anything.

i think the exact opposite- that skins have suffered from some bad coaching..and too much upheaval, esp at the D coordinator spot.

turner was not a good coach. schotty was decent to finish how he did and maybe should have been retained. spurrier was really bad...no more name calling. sorry- had a few beers last night.

but i can't blame the front office- whoever spurrier wanted, he got...all 8 or so of his ex gators. even- as it was pointed out- danny wuerffel.

i think the management has brought in some decent players the last couple of years through draft and free agency. finally there is a coach here who can coach them. barring season killing injuries to our O lineman, or nagging injuries to our WR's and with a group of players that seem to want to be here, gibbs should be able to show what was missing the last 12 years.

Originally posted by stwasm

We're a laughingstock right now and will continue to be that way as long as Junior continues running the team!

Joe Gibbs runs this team now. He has since he came back. Those that think like you are the laughingstock because you refuse acknowledge that fact. Thanks for the drive-by though.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Joe Gibbs runs this team now. He has since he came back. Those that think like you are the laughingstock because you refuse acknowledge that fact. Thanks for the drive-by though.

Yeah, but Danny still gets involved in contract squabbles. If Joe Gibbs really and truly runs this team, why did Sean Taylor call Danny instead of Gibbs himself during his holdout? And I noticed that Danny didn't bother referring Taylor to Gibbs when the call took place. That, to me, speaks volumes. And, remember, we sacrificed next year's first-round pick to get into position to draft a quarterback who probably won't see any action this season. Don't tell me Danny has stepped back into the shadows. He's still meddling and the front-office remains plagued by dysfunction. You know it, the other 31 teams in the league know it. So kindly get off your high horse and "acknowledge that fact."

Yeah, but Danny still gets involved in contract squabbles. If Joe Gibbs really and truly runs this team, why did Sean Taylor call Danny instead of Gibbs himself during his holdout? And I noticed that Danny didn't bother referring Taylor to Gibbs when the call took place. That, to me, speaks volumes. And, remember, we sacrificed next year's first-round pick to get into position to draft a quarterback who probably won't see any action this season. Don't tell me Danny has stepped back into the shadows. He's still meddling and the front-office remains plagued by dysfunction. You know it, the other 31 teams in the league know it. So kindly get off your high horse and "acknowledge that fact."

:laugh: brainwashed.

As far as Spurrier trying to dis Gibbs or Parcells for having a bad year, the one thing Gibbs and Parcells have in common is that neither threw their hands in the air and quit like Spurrier did.

dunno about the phone call, but i dont think theres any way in hell dan over ruled gibbs on campbell. that was gibbs guy- remember, ramsey was 'dans pick' and i think dan still likes patrick, so why would he want him replaced? dan worships the ground gibbs walks on as a skins fan and as he should. no way he is over ruling his idol. that, my friend, is pure craziness.

Czabe, is that you?

Originally posted by grego

dunno about the phone call, but i dont think theres any way in hell dan over ruled gibbs on campbell. that was gibbs guy- remember, ramsey was 'dans pick' and i think dan still likes patrick, so why would he want him replaced? dan worships the ground gibbs walks on as a skins fan and as he should. no way he is over ruling his idol. that, my friend, is pure craziness.

Just an observation, my friend. I'd feel MUCH better if we had a REAL GM in the front office.

Archived