Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld.com: Champ bashing

d_mac069

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/story.asp?sport=NFL&storyid=14240

Good article on fantasy football. Especially the following comment:

- Champ Bailey might be the most overrated player in football.

Those are my words, not Joyner’s. But Bailey’s 2004 season was simply terrible for a guy who made the Pro Bowl. He was near the bottom of the league in deep yards given up, deep completion percentage, most deep attempts, TDs allowed, completion percentage, total yardages, and yards per attempt.

KC’s stats were comprehensive and overwhelming. Bailey was targeted and beaten often last year. He gave up 7 TDs and 6 plays over 25 yards! Here are KC’s words on Bailey, “You simply cannot tell me that all of these plays were due to other people in the Broncos secondary blowing coverages, especially since John Lynch was voted to the Pro Bowl. Even if they did blow some coverages, wouldn’t you expect Bailey to do better than this in man-up coverage?”

Fantasy owners who see Bailey covering their receiver should not be overly worried if his performance doesn’t dramatically improve.

Finally, some truth to the matter.

Champ built his rep by defending such stalwarts as Freddie Mitchell and Antonio Bryant. The only decent WR in the conference, Amani Toomer, always made him his prison beyotch.

Now he's in a conference with all-pro WRs, and he's getting slaughtered. Wake up mediots!!!

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

i could care less about champ either. he's off the team, but we get as much news about him as we do our own players.

to be honest i would like to hear about guys like smoot, pierce, and derek smith.

Is Derek Smith still playing for the 49ers??

Edit: nevermind I found my answer. He is still playing for the 49ers!

Originally posted by RonJeremy

Champ Who?? I vaguely remembered he played for the Skins...my concern is for their current roster.

Its funny, because if you go over to the orangemane we are the brunt of all their jokes. They all believe we will fall on our face as a team and prediciting a top 5 pick from us.

It's simple... if you throw in front of Bailey he's dangerous... allthough not as feared as the mediots suggest. Throw over Bailey and he's a liability.... incapable of adjusting to balls in the air and often losing contact with the receiver on patterns consisting of double moves.

Originally posted by Cskin

It's simple... if you throw in front of Bailey he's dangerous... allthough not as feared as the mediots suggest. Throw over Bailey and he's a liability.... incapable of adjusting to balls in the air and often losing contact with the receiver on patterns consisting of double moves.

if by dangerous you mean deflect a pass like a CB is suppose to do, than fine, he is dangerous (even though every CB in the league can deflect a pass thats thrown in front of them). Champ can't catch a cold! he has the worst hands on a DB that I've ever seen. (Sean Taylor is a close 2nd. Yes he had his INT's last season but he would have had so much more if he would wear some gloves or use glue cause I clearly remember so many balls bouncing out of his hands.)

Archived