Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coles Vs Moss

SirSmizzy

Weve got David Patten-good, James Thrash-Good, Santana-very Good, Kevin Dyson-good. I feel good too. We will rock this year Redskins Fans Believe. Training camp is a fortnight away. Yeah Baby. :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :helmet:

Originally posted by jbooma

I like Moss like everyone else, however if his toe is hurting I doubt he will play like Coles will.

Moss is good but Coles is much better, and if healthy it isn't even close. Moss has to be able to prove he can be in the same sentence as Coles which he has not yet.

can't say i've seen enough of moss to know. but i have seen coles. and i can say that moss' best season trumps coles. lets hope thats an indication of what is to come.

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

That's the point, no decisions were made regarding playing time when he was signed. He was signed to compete for the job and he won it in training camp (did you watch Ramsey in the preseason games...not good!!).

Come on. If Joe signed Brunell to such a big contact and he turned out to be a back up, Joe would look ike an idiot. I guess mission accomplished. This is why the league is laughing at us.

Originally posted by boobiemiles

Come on. If Joe signed Brunell to such a big contact and he turned out to be a back up, Joe would look ike an idiot. I guess mission accomplished. This is why the league is laughing at us.

No one is defending the move itself...but Brunell beat Ramsey out in the preseason and earned the right to start the regular season.

Brunell did not look great in August but Ramsey looked worse.

I really think Gibbs is known for allowing the best man to win these types of competitions.

OK Art name another team in the league that signed a guy to a 42 million dollar contract, and they went into the season thinking he may be a back up?

You guys keep going on like its an actual 42 million dollar contract. He'll never see all of that money; I think the total amount of guaranteed money is somewhere around 18 million. But then he restructured and I think he took a paycut, so its probably even less than that now.

No Art that was not my position at all. I clearly said that no team signs a player to a 42 million dollar contract if they don't think he will start. Please do not twist my words. Based on performance Bruhell was put on the bench. I know you want to be right, but you are not. I said how many teams sign a guy to a huge contract and beleive that he'll be riding the pine. Do you really think that Snyder would pay a back up more than his projected starting QB? You said that the competition in camp was fair. i said that the competition was slanted becuase the huge contract given to Bruhell before the competition even started. I know we want to believe that Joe is a saint and means everything he says. I'm not doubting his word, but his judgement and yours are in question here. Once again I will ask you name me one team were a player gets a 42 contract and is projected as a back up. Washington is not one Art. bruhell sucked in 03 and 04, we just sign him to a huge contract, and then said it's all fair in traing camp. How do you think Snyder would feel about giving 42 million dollars to a back up?

The Lions are paying Jeff Garcia 2 million dollars for one year to sit on the bench. Boonell got a 7 year deal, which if you take the actual guaranteed money from his contract numbers which is around 18 mill if I remember correctly, is just over 2 mill a year. Same thing!

Backup quarterbacks are frequently given lucrative contracts; Its arguably the second most important position on a football team (next to quarterback). Just look at the Bears last year; they were awful after Grossman went down because they had terrible backups.

The Cardinals signed Warner to a one year deal worth 4 million bucks, and he will be competing with McKown for the starting job.

Originally posted by SirSmizzy

That's becauese Brunell is washed up.

Ill never understand how you guys drafted PRam and never gave him a real shot to prove himself.

People forget how Ramsey was hurt last year and didn't get healthy until training camp. Then we forget how Ramsey had the chance to win the job in preseason and failed to do so. He was terrible. Hell both were terrible, Hassleback look better than both Ramsey and Brunell. But Gibbs went with the guy that has the experience. Then we forget that Ramsey had another golden opportunity to win the job when Brunell went out in the Giants game and what does he do? He practically by himself gives the game away by throwing 3 INTs when we had field goals locked up. No wonder Gibbs didn't trust him until he had to do so since Brunell really was bad. Then he names him the starter for the remaining of the season and next year. I mean I don't know where you guys get the fact that Ramsey was never given the chance. He has it now so lets see him produce.

Archived