Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gary Sheffield....

Spaceman Spiff

Do you think this is the perfect NFC-EAST team?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is the perfect NFC-EAST team?

• Perfect......You got it!!
    • Not even close
    • Almost there

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by SkinsBry

Ok, fine. It's a job. Guess what, I work overtime without being compensated and I have no problem with that because I have my dream job and I love it. Maybe he doesn't have his dream job, he's just there to make ends meet. Perhaps Sheffield is aspiring to someday say, "Welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?"

It's just a few extra games in which he'd be representing the country. I don't want him there anyway, but he could have had a less $hitty way of saying it.

Good for you. I wouldn't work overtime for anybody without being compensated. I agree totally with Sheffield. The man is in his late 30's and he's earned the right to voice his opinion on this matter. If one of our Redskins tore an ACL "representing the country", we all would be pissed.

First of all, the Classic would begin in March cutting down a player's rest period. It would take them away from their families without pay, and they'd risk getting injured.

What is the World Baseball Classic? Would winning it be as big as the World Series? The Super Bowl? No, baseball originated in America and the ultimate prize is still the World Series. I completely agree with Sheff.

Not only that...but other teams around the world would benefit from their offseason being longer than ours. They'd be prepared, while our players had a 2 month offseason before preparing for this meaningless "Classic".

Baseball is a long and enduring season, it's tough to focus and make it through the regular season as it is. Then you have a lot of good players that WOULD play in the Classic playing in our playoffs. It's almost too time consuming as it is, a meaningless Classic would just add to the physical, mental and homesick stress on the atheletes...and without pay.

My issue isnt with him playing or not playing but how he went about it. He could have said it in an appropiate way.

If that boss asked you to work those 5 hours of OT, and you said No i cant, that is one thing, if you tell him to phuck off and to pay you more thats a different thing.

There is a grown up way to accomplish stuff, and this is not the way.

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

My issue isnt with him playing or not playing but how he went about it. He could have said it in an appropiate way.

If that boss asked you to work those 5 hours of OT, and you said No i cant, that is one thing, if you tell him to phuck off and to pay you more thats a different thing.

There is a grown up way to accomplish stuff, and this is not the way.

But his boss didn't ask him to play...the media asked him his opinion on it and he gave it...just because he didn't say it the way we would like it to be said or the way we might have said it does not make him wrong at all...at least he was telling the truth and not lying about it...the last time i checked his was paid to play baseball, not answer questions in a way we see as acceptable.

^ ^ ^

That's true. I don't understand why this is a big deal at all. He gave his opinion, SEAN TAYLOR ripped a gun out on somebody. Why does this get as much press as Taylor's ordeal? Nobody is hurt, nobody is threatened, it's just a simple opinion from a blunt-speaking all-star. I think what captures the press's attention is how convincingly he's decided on not representing his country.

America and democracy is built on capitalism. I think one day we'll have to pay most of our atheletes to represent to the country, and for pretty darn good reason.

I wouldn't do overtime for free, either.

I don't have an issue with him not playing.

I have an issue with the way he was a jackass about it. Proof positive of another spoiled rich athlete. Please, he'd make money off it, if not indirectly then through jersey sales, memorabillia, etc. Like Kilmer said, world cup soccer players get paid.

This is something that TO would say.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

I don't have an issue with him not playing.

I have an issue with the way he was a jackass about it. Proof positive of another spoiled rich athlete. Please, he'd make money off it, if not indirectly then through jersey sales, memorabillia, etc. Like Kilmer said, world cup soccer players get paid.

This is something that TO would say.

He told the truth...regardless of how he said...why do people expect Gary Sheffield to say it any other way than he did? He has always been blunt and straight to the point his whole career...at least he didn't lie!

Freedom of Speech. This is the USA, you don't have to sugarcoat something unless it's going to be malicious or very disrespectful. People are dying in Iraq and children are dying of hunger every day, I think a little spice in Gary's opinion is the least of our worries. And it's not setting a bad example for our children, most of them have no clue what he's talking about or plain ole just don't care. Unlike T.O. whom displays his immaturity on a weekly basis.

Archived