Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This one is for Sarge ...

rick301

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4702890/detail.html

79-Year-Old Shoots Two Intruders, Police Say

Homeowner Says Men Kicked In His Back Door At 5 A.M.

POSTED: 12:09 pm EDT July 9, 2005

UPDATED: 11:13 pm EDT July 9, 2005

DRY RIDGE, Ky. -- A 79-year-old man armed with a .357 magnum revolver shot two men after they broke into his home overnight, News 5's Bina Roy reported.

Police answering a call about a break-in and burglary found two men shot outside a home on Ellen Kay Drive in Grant County.

The homeowner told police the two men kicked in his back door just before 5 a.m. Saturday. They tried to flee after being shot.

Police said they found one wounded man in the driveway and followed a trail of blood to the other man nearby.

Nearby residents were stunned but supported their neighbor's actions.

"At that time in the morning, if I was in that situation, I might try to do the same thing," Everett Musgrave told News 5. "I am glad he was able to protect himself. That's the big thing. At least he's not hurt."

"He's old school," Lisa Garner said of her neighbor. "My grandfather would have done the same thing.

"It bothers me because we have children. It bothers me that anybody would intrude into your home," Garner said.

Musgrave had a message for anybody thinking about breaking into somebody's home.

"Yeah, don't pick the wrong door," Musgrave said.

AirCare helicopters flew the men to Grant County Hospital. Their names and conditions have not been released.

Originally posted by Baculus

And that is why firearms are needed for home protection. At least one thing that Sarge and I can agree upon. ;-)

I bet the man whose door was kicked in also buys a better lock or bolt for his door, too.

thats great shoot and then ask questions, how would this story go if it was someone he knew :doh:

i don't mind people having weapons just be trained on how to use them, there are a lot of people who have no training and that is what scares me

I would hope someone he knew wouldn't be kicking in his back door. But when it's 5 AM in the morning and you confronted by intruders that just broke into your house, you're really put into on the spot. Yes, it is a fine line, and I am sure the man didn't want to be in the position of making the wrong choice, but in this case, he made the right one.

I hear of more real, malicious-intent intruders being shot by homewners then I do "accidental intruders" being shot. Accidents with firearms happen, but it usually is not in these type of situations.

Originally posted by jbooma

thats great shoot and then ask questions, how would this story go if it was someone he knew :doh:

i don't mind people having weapons just be trained on how to use them, there are a lot of people who have no training and that is what scares me

If he knows somebody that would kick in his door at 5am, then good riddance. Who needs friends like that:laugh:

Originally posted by rick301

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4702890/detail.html

79-Year-Old Shoots Two Intruders, Police Say

Homeowner Says Men Kicked In His Back Door At 5 A.M.

POSTED: 12:09 pm EDT July 9, 2005

UPDATED: 11:13 pm EDT July 9, 2005

DRY RIDGE, Ky. -- A 79-year-old man armed with a .357 magnum revolver shot two men after they broke into his home overnight, News 5's Bina Roy reported.

Police answering a call about a break-in and burglary found two men shot outside a home on Ellen Kay Drive in Grant County.

The homeowner told police the two men kicked in his back door just before 5 a.m. Saturday. They tried to flee after being shot.

Police said they found one wounded man in the driveway and followed a trail of blood to the other man nearby.

Nearby residents were stunned but supported their neighbor's actions.

"At that time in the morning, if I was in that situation, I might try to do the same thing," Everett Musgrave told News 5. "I am glad he was able to protect himself. That's the big thing. At least he's not hurt."

"He's old school," Lisa Garner said of her neighbor. "My grandfather would have done the same thing.

"It bothers me because we have children. It bothers me that anybody would intrude into your home," Garner said.

Musgrave had a message for anybody thinking about breaking into somebody's home.

"Yeah, don't pick the wrong door," Musgrave said.

AirCare helicopters flew the men to Grant County Hospital. Their names and conditions have not been released.

Thanks bud! That made my day.

So you see folks, if all homeowners had a .357, burglaries would probably drop to nothing!

Archived