Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Softball

Mufumonk

Thought I would follow up. A friend of mine brought the Easton Synergy Extended (34/26) last night to our game. Right out of the wrapper and into my hands, the first ball I hit went about 325ft on a frozen rope. If his holds up as well as the Synergy+ I won't have any problem dishing out the $300 ($200 if I go through a friend) for one of my own.

DeMarini's for the longest time but Easton has done a great job of catching up. First used DiMarini's about 10 years ago and was definatley impressed. Then used the Easton Rebel with some good success though did have some problems with the cracking. If you're not playing anything with HR rules then these bats are fun to use, ( and they're one of the reasons why the Park City league went to the one up rule. Along with teams bringing in ringers and Utah and myself asking for it. :) ). I call these things the great equalizers. I have seen guys who could barely put the ball out of the infield put the damn ball over the fence routinely after using these things. Yeah, I know all about the mechanics and blue dots and gold dots ect. I've also seen the way those bats effected play at the hot corner, ( my position along with SS for most of the damn near 30 years I played ball. Retired now. Golf. I hope). It became more about self preservation than self defense. ;) All that said, damn I like the way those things feel when you hammer one just right and all you have to do is jog around the bases. :) And both companies should have a decent warranty on the bats.

"Chicks did the long ball". :silly:

Been a long time since I played. Couldn't tell you one bat from the next. As long as it felt good in my hands, that's all that mattered.

For me, there was something about being able to turn singles into doubles, doubles into triples, and scoring from first on a single on a regular basis. A "hit for average" guy like myself can do just as good with a Louisville slugger. Just hit it where they ain't and run like heck.

My best seasons batting average was around 770. Only 3 homers, and 2 of those were inside the park jobs. Damn I used to be fast. The HR hitters loved hittin' behind me to get all them RBI thingamajigs.

Originally posted by B&GPride44

Get the Freak man...The Miken Freak is still the best bang for anybody's buck...Although Easton has done a fine job coming close with the new Synergy!

The Freak, and most of the Demarini's are illegal in most leagues around here. The only Easton Synergy bats legal are the Extended and Flex, but I'm not so sure they'll be legal for long.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

I've also seen the way those bats effected play at the hot corner, ( my position along with SS for most of the damn near 30 years I played ball. Retired now. Golf. I hope). It became more about self preservation than self defense. ;)

I pitch, so I know all too well what these bats are capable of. Hell, at least as a pitcher all you can do is react. There's no time to think about it, you either make the play or get drilled. Preservation of life really takes over. When I play 3rd, I sit back on the grass so the shots aren't as "hot" as they could be. Luckily I have the arm to be able to play that deep.

Originally posted by Mufumonk

I pitch, so I know all too well what these bats are capable of. Hell, at least as a pitcher all you can do is react. There's no time to think about it, you either make the play or get drilled. Preservation of life really takes over. When I play 3rd, I sit back on the grass so the shots aren't as "hot" as they could be. Luckily I have the arm to be able to play that deep.

I'm with you Monk...I pitched the last 7 yrs. I played,I always took about 6-7 steps back after each pitch.

Taking a few off the shins learned me that lesson.;)

Yep. I pitched some too, ( times when pitcher wasn't there). Decided that maybe I enjoyed playing the corner, S.S. , or even a little outfield more so than pitching. And promptly returned to those positions. Coincidentally, this was right about the time I was drilled in the shin, ( for the 5th time), and needed to duck, roll, and hold up glove when facing, you guessed it, "those bats". :paranoid:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Yep. I pitched some too, ( times when pitcher wasn't there). Decided that maybe I enjoyed playing the corner, S.S. , or even a little outfield more so than pitching. And promptly returned to those positions. Coincidentally, this was right about the time I was drilled in the shin, ( for the 5th time), and needed to duck, roll, and hold up glove when facing, you guessed it, "those bats". :paranoid:

Did you play when the T-4's and Hot Dots came out?

After taking one in the thigh that bruised all the way through, playing catcher started looking real GOOD :laugh:

Originally posted by twa

Did you play when the T-4's and Hot Dots came out?

After taking one in the thigh that bruised all the way through, playing catcher started looking real GOOD :laugh:

More than likely, though for a number of years I didn't paymuch attention to all that. Just knew stuff was coming at me really, really hard. :)

Archived