Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com NFC preview (Get ready to puke)

Redfaced21

Originally posted by Art

The Cowboys had a stronger running attack two years ago with Hambrick than they did last year with Jones. I suspect the Cowboys will, indeed, be above average to very good overall as a rushing attack this year. Thomas does provide a fairly effective grinder and Jones has some pop.

Though, I'd be surprised if combined they rush for as many yards as Portis, assuming Portis goes the distance :).

Hambrick 972 yards in 16 starts

JJ 819 yards in 8 starts (2 carries in one of those games)

While a ranking may not show it because he was only there half a season, our rushing attack was alot better withy JJ than Hambrick

Originally posted by Art

The Cowboys had a stronger running attack two years ago with Hambrick than they did last year with Jones. I suspect the Cowboys will, indeed, be above average to very good overall as a rushing attack this year. Thomas does provide a fairly effective grinder and Jones has some pop.

Though, I'd be surprised if combined they rush for as many yards as Portis, assuming Portis goes the distance :).

I'll take you up on that.

How bout it?

I kind of have to give it ti J Jones, he's the real deal.. I once imagined him in our system and I swear I needed to go take a cold shower.. The question with him is health and if he can maintain intensity throughout a 17+ week season. I think he can.. But to be quite honest and not being a homer as of right now, Clinton Portis imo is the best RB in the NFC. One of the rookies could come up or Jones could break out this year and change that, but currently I think Portis is the man. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with the new blocking schemes this year.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

Based on age and future production? Sure.

If there was one season to play, it's the choice is Barber "without thinking twice."

Based on future and production of course.

I dont know many teams playing for one season these days.

The Skins used to, but theyve gotten wiser since then.

Originally posted by ciresolstice

please...smoke and mirrors does not get you ranked top 5 in defense. what crap.

That was a load of :crap: I think it has more do do with Gil's ability to write an article with smoke and mirrors, Like the Crack he smokes and coke he snorts off the mirror, that he no doubt he got off of Nate Newton!! who was aspiring to be the best dealer there was!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Based on future and production of course.

Of course? The statement was "right now" and right now - all the RBs are better based on their resumes and ability to stay healthy. JJ hasn't shown anything besides flashes. I'm sure he'll be fine but we'll see how it plays out.

Hey - I know we stunk up the joint on Thanksgiving last year, but must you leave that clip of Jones cutting my Bears to ribbons repeating all the time? Its enough to make a Bears fan want to wash his eyes out (with beer of course)

Originally posted by BigDFan

Hambrick 972 yards in 16 starts

JJ 819 yards in 8 starts (2 carries in one of those games)

While a ranking may not show it because he was only there half a season, our rushing attack was alot better withy JJ than Hambrick

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

Of course? The statement was "right now" and right now - all the RBs are better based on their resumes and ability to stay healthy. JJ hasn't shown anything besides flashes. I'm sure he'll be fine but we'll see how it plays out.

Yes. And right now, theyre still taking Jones.

They aint playing to win it all next season.

They are building a team for the future.

Hence, if they could, 'right now', they would swap backs.

Archived