Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Darrell Green question

stupidsuck

Using the link provided in the photo, I found this:

WRDarrellGreen.jpg

Washington Redskins cornerback Darrell Green (28) intercepts a pass intended for Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Jacquez Green, back, during the first quarter, Sunday, Oct. 1, 2000, at FedExField.

http://www.haruth.com/PlayerDarrellGreen.html

According to the games data base, there was only one Green playing for the team in 2000. So I guess he would have worn Green, not D. Green.

Now, where’s my gold star? :cool:

Originally posted by Anne The Fan

According to the games data base, there was only one Green playing for the team in 2000. So I guess he would have worn Green, not D. Green.

now that's some good sleuthing, your star is in the mail:D

thanks

I'm pretty sure that game was played on 10/1/2000...the only other times we played the Bucs in FedEx were in '03 and '04 after DG retired, and according to the box score, the Bucs threw 1 interception in that game.

*edit* dammit, anne the fan beat me to it...oh well, I did the research...do I get a gold star too?

Originally posted by Anne The Fan

That makes good sense, but still I'd bet you a dollar he still wore D GREEN in 2000. Just a suspicion, because it's so hard to find pics of him anywhere with just plain GREEN on the back. I know this because I've been looking for a jersey with just plain GREEN on the back, so I make note every time I see a pic of him.

I've got some old Pro Gamedays upstairs, I'll see what I can find later. I gotta go to work.

another weird one of ol' 28 wearing 29 at the pro bowl

pro.gif

on a side note Mark the Homer, I just remembered I have the opening game of 2000 (vs Carolina) on tape at home somewhere, I'll look for it when I'm off work and report back.

Originally posted by Parlett316

Mitchell and Ness need to get off their lazy asses and make a Darrell Green jersey so I can hang it on my wall.

or if you got 2 grand to spend buy this game used jersey from 98

http://www.jimyackel.com/nfl2.htm#White%20#28%20D.GREEN

Redskins2.JPG

on a side note this guy seems to a few very interesting game issued and game worn skins jerseys

Here is a photo taken of D. Green's gear before he suited up for his very last game. :cry:

My brother in law scored a press pass and was able to rove the sideline for that game.

edit: I'm thinking of incorporating this into a sig, so please don't "steal" it. Much obliged bros!

Darrell Green was the best cornerback of all time hands down! One of my favorite memories of him was when we played Arizona the first game of the his last season, and Boston was killing Champ. They put the 5-8 180 Darrell on the 6-2 250 pound Boston and he shut him down. Also he didn't back down from Boston during a shoving match between the two.

Originally posted by Parlett316

Mitchell and Ness need to get off their lazy asses and make a Darrell Green jersey so I can hang it on my wall.

I got a 70th Anniversary jersey with Darryl Green 20 year patch. He signed it for me. I need a good place to frame it. Anyone no where to get a jersey framed????

Ok I just watched the game , I was mad to see that someone taped over the first half of the 2000 season opener vs. the Panthers...but to my delight the next game on the tape was the 2000 game vs. Tampa Bay. The very game in which the original picture in the thread was taken! I watched the great interception several times so I can say with 100% certainty he only had "GREEN" on the back of the jersey, there you go Mark the Homer, where's my dollar? ;)

on a side note.....man it was something watching Arrington and Samuels first ever games again. Jansen had a heck of a game vs Carolina (and Reggie White) and Samuels really held his own in his first game.

I forgot how much Brad Johnson threw the dump off pass for 1 yard gains, and I saw Deion field several punts and proceed to lose yardage on all of them:doh:

and just a few names to throw out there for memories sake

Keith Sims

Jay Leewuenberg (sp?)

Andre Reed (I totally forgot we got him after Westbrrok went down)

David Fischer

Greg Jones

Matt Stevens

Mark Carrier

Man it's fun to watch old game tapes and Marco Coleman was such a beast.

Archived