Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well, I knew something was up with Jeter... (Caption needed) - MERGED

KDawg

Originally posted by E-Dog Night

The Yankees are three games above .500 (37-34, .521) and are only 5 games out of first place, which this early in the season, means that they are primed to take a run at first place when it really counts. It could happen in a week...they have won 7 out of their last 10.

That doesn't qualify as sucking IMO.

Lost 3/4. To Tampa bay. At home. That's about what, a 170 million dollar payroll difference? :laugh:

Oh God, I can't believe I am about to do this...I am about to defend the Yankees, even though I utterly loathe them. But the fact is.....

The Yankees are three games above .500 (37-34, .521) and are only 5 games out of first place, which this early in the season, means that they are primed to take a run at first place when it really counts. It could happen in a week...they have won 7 out of their last 10.

I see your point on the over all record, but they needed a ten game winning streak just to get to .500. And they have a losing record against the Devil Rays(2-7) and Orioles (1-5). Two teams they are "supposed" to be better than.

And the season is almost half over. It's time for the Yankee fans to stop saying "It's early." and then shrug. Like the guy who just walked in and said "Enjoy first while you can." to me. (Oriloes are my team)

And how many games are going to be "Game that turned the season around."? A-Rod's 10 RBI...nope. Comback against the Red Sox? Nope. Giambi's walk off home run? Nope. Thirteen run 8th inning comeback on Monday? Nope. Every time the Yankees win, TV/Radio and Newspapers start in with this, and its getting annoying.

The Yankees have spent money to cover mistakes, that other teams would of had to live with, over the last decade. But even the Yankees have a spending limit. And it looks like 170 million might be it. They can't afford to take high priced players off of teams anymore. They have to live with the decisions made.

A high profile signing is not not out of the question, but it is far less likely.

They have priced themselves into behaving like a small market team. Gotta love the irony in that. :2cents:

:logo::

Oh God, I can't believe I am about to do this...I am about to defend the Yankees, even though I utterly loathe them. But the fact is.....

3 games over .500 w/ a 200 million dollar pay roll is pretty close to sucking.

Archived