Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Rome

luckydevil

I remember when he said "Ray Lewis will never see the light of day as a free man again" yeah, then he became Superbowl MVP.

I did like when he kept playing Billicks line about how Elvis is their QB and he will be the Raven's QB for years and if that doesn't happen then everyone can call him a liar....then Rome pauses and says really fast "Liar"

Oh man, I got mad love for the pimp in the box! I admit he's a little hard to get used to at first, but now I love him. He's a straight shooter, tells it like it is. And what I really like about him is, he talks sports. I can't stand these other "sports talk shows" where the hosts blab on about everything except sports. Kornheiser for example, god the guy never shuts up about stupid crap, sometimes you can't even tell it's a sports show!! I do like him on PTI though, when he sticks to sports he's good, but he gets so sidetracked and puts me to sleep on his radio show, I can't even listen to him.

Or who is this Sebastian blowhard?? Anyone hear this guy? He doesn't know jack ****. I'm always amazed at how many sports talk guys just really don't know what they're talking about!

I don't care too much for Rome either, but I keep 980 (SportsTalk 980 that is)on all the time, so I am forced to listen to him.

Some of the uh...clones...that call in are pretty funny. Some just stupid. The interviews are alright, but other than that...fugghedaboutit.

Skins fan out.

I have no "mad love" for Rome. I'll listen from time to time but I find myself turning him off quite often because he's just too damned impressed with himself and his opinion. There's a place for him ... just not around my ears too often.

His too-cool-for-school-SoCal schtick is just irritating.

I keep Rome on at work and tune him out when he gets annoying or inane, as he does when he endlessly repeats some obvious point he has made, or when he babbles at length about how the clones at the latest tour stop were off da hook :rolleyes: He does get interesting guests though, and he's one of the few media types that allows Dan Snyder to speak for himself. The one thing I really don't get though is his fascination with Jose Lima :)

I can't stand the interviews that Rome does. He is an absolute suck-up, and is so leading with his questions I half-expect someone in the background to say "Objection!".

He also tends to harp on things to death. Rarely does he offer anything in the way of insight. I usually find myself turning the station when his show comes on. Although I like it when Czaban subs for him.

Give me Kornheiser anyday...

Originally posted by Brave

I have no "mad love" for Rome. I'll listen from time to time but I find myself turning him off quite often because he's just too damned impressed with himself and his opinion. There's a place for him ... just not around my ears too often.

His too-cool-for-school-SoCal schtick is just irritating.

Well said Brave, right on the $$. the guy is majorly impressed with himself and I hate all his bullsh**t lingo. The guys a huge dork and major a**hole

Give me Toni Bruno anyday

I guess Rome talks sports, I mean everything to him is classic and epic. Rome is trying to act like some 20 year old, the man is almost 40. He is a phony. He talks smack about players, but when he interviews them he will them how great they are. The moment they leave he talks trash again.

was last night the final showing of "unsrcipted" or am I way behind the times.

Unscripted is even worse than the show it replaced, Up Close. WTF is Chris Connelly doing on ESPN anyway? It couldn't be anymore obvious that he has no clue what he's talking about and they're shoving teleprompter in front of his face.

Thank God PTI comes on after that, it gets the bad taste out of my mouth.

I like the sports junkies, even though they almost never talk about sports. It sounds like a bunch of fans sitting around in their living room just talking sports and other stuff. Those among us who don't have any friends like that sort of stuff. :D

Rome is into sports gossip, not sports talk. Or if you prefer, it's sports talk for meatheads and pimply faced teens.

He lives to hang with players and think he's one of them. He kisses *** and does most of the talking during his "interviews", but he thinks hes a great interviewer. He never takes critical callers to his show, except by accident, and even then only when they're dumber than he is (which is rare). His ego has no bounds.

And it always cracks me up how he and his fans insist that it takes a couple of weeks to get his show. Yeah, it's that complicated! :laugh:

I've listened to him a fair amount, probably a few hundred hours over the course of 6-7 years, especially when I'm in the car - as much because there aren't many other entertaining sports shows on at that time of day as because it's worth listening to him. Some of his callers are hilarious, like Terrance from Sierra Madre, but mostly they all engage in attempts to copy his stilted, juvenile way of editorializing which really grates. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I too like Kornheiser better, even if he doesn't always literally stick to sports, just because its a far more sophisticated and mature brand of radio than Rome's tired frat house circle jerk.

I've been listening to Rome for several years, and I agree his act is tired. When i lived in Dener I stopped listening to him because there were os many other options. yet back here in ABQ, we only have one sports radio station and I have to deal with him once again. I can deal with him but most of the time I just tune him out even though he is blabbing his big mouth. What is worse here is the local sports guys. Talk about LAME!! All they talk about is Lobo sports (which SUCK, btw) and I can't hardly bear.

Internet radio is the best, although I have had trouble finding Redskins talk on any radio stations. Does anybody know of any decent Internet radio stations and where I can link to them??

Rome's ok. I do think his interviews are pretty boring and the clones are freaking morons, so much so that Rome makes fun of them and they don't even know it.

But I do like when he goes off on a rant. When he gets on a roll he can be pretty entertaining.

Kornheiser is ok too, when he sticks to sports and stops taking polls about what type of mustard people put on their ham and cheese sandwiches. :rolleyes:

Actually I think Mike and Mike in the morning is 980's best show. It's MUCH better than listening to Imus.

I'm kinda surprised, I thought there would be more Rome fans, but hey, I'm in the minority, who cares. I like him, but I do agree the clones are retarded, if I was him I'd tell people to be original when they call in, they all try to talk like him, and they're all reading what they say, it just comes off so contrived. I like him but I'm no clone, you won't catch me writing down my "take" and calling him up and reading it to him hoping I get "racked".

I wouldn't go as far to say Kornheiser is "mature", and Rome is frat boy retarded, that's a little extreme. I've heard Kornheiser goofing around like a 10 year old, so I wouldn't exactly say he's mature.

Rome offers up some good insight at times, as does Kornheiser (when he sticks to sports).

You can't tell me when Rome called Jim Everett "Chris" to his face, and Everett smacked him, that wasn't the funniest thing you ever saw! That's what got me into him, I was like, who the hell is this punk, he's got some serious nads to sit there and call a guy twice his size a girl. As Rome would say, that was classic, and epic!

Sure, Rome talks sports or you could say.... reads the sports pages out loud. Whats up with all the "dead air pauses"? How stupid is that? And who wants to listen to the clones call in and have to READ there comments over the air. The show just doesn't appeal to me. I'll take Kornheiser any day of the week.

You have to appreciate insightful and humorous commentary on front page topics in other areas than just sports to appreciate Kornheiser and most keep in mind that he is a satirical journalist with a broad range of knowledge. When he takes a poll on what is your favorite cheese - He isn't serious, it's tongue in cheek humor. It takes a intellectual sense of humor to appreciate his style.

If Rome getting slapped for antagonizing a guest, staged or not, is an "epic" moment in his career that should tell you something right there.

Oh, alright ... it WAS pretty funny. He's still a big punk, though. :)

Originally posted by BlitzFiftySix

Sure, Rome talks sports or you could say.... reads the sports pages out loud. Whats up with all the "dead air pauses"? How stupid is that? And who wants to listen to the clones call in and have to READ there comments over the air. The show just doesn't appeal to me. I'll take Kornheiser any day of the week.

You have to appreciate insightful and humorous commentary on front page topics in other areas than just sports to appreciate Kornheiser and most keep in mind that he is a satirical journalist with a broad range of knowledge. When he takes a poll on what is your favorite cheese - He isn't serious, it's tongue in cheek humor. It takes a intellectual sense of humor to appreciate his style.

I can appreciate insight and talk about front page topics, but I'm sorry, when I tune in to sports radio, I want to hear sports talk. If I want to hear news, I'll switch to a news show. Polls about cheese just doesn't appeal to me when I wanna hear about what's going on in the sports world. Kornheiser tries to come off smarter than he is, sometimes his articles are unbearable to read.

Are you trying to say Rome listeners aren't intellectual and can't appreciate smart humor? I get Kornheiser, but my simple point is, when I want to hear sports, I don't want to hear the other nonsense that comes along with Kornheiser. I guess people either love Rome or hate him. That's ok, we all have our own opinions.

Archived